Genocide (1 Viewer)

bigbadbirdy

Does anyone know where I can get some info about genocide in relation to the Human Rights section of the course?

=)

bigbadbirdy

Sorry should've been more clear....

I know the examples (and by the way Rwanda is a much better one) but I'm looking for a site that isn't a) a puff piece for the UN b) boring, long and a history of the country with a tiny paragraph on genocide or c) totally irrelevant to Legal Studies.

My problem is more or less that none of the text books give good examples, and no site I've found is very helpful.

And East Timor is kind of a better example for a question they're likely to ask on International Conflict. It's probably a very fine line between a war over territory and the purposeful extermination of a people, but I'd be more inclined to go with the land theory.

Even if Aborigines was remotely related to Genocide it's still not international so it's probably not going to be relevant to the question, and also the conquest occurred over 200 years ago which makes it pretty bloody impossible to talk about legislation, the court system and human rights law, seeing the UN wasn't formed until this century and the Australian constitution wasn't drafted until 1901.

I definately think Rwanda is the way to go. It's recent, the UN was involved, there were legal and non-legal forms of redress, and it was defined as genocide very early on. Just my opinion anyway, hope the markers agree...

=)

p00_p00

the Balkan Conflict is still controversial, with Slobs in deeeepp shit, and theres still reports of new graves, and also hes "so called failing health"

Rawanda is good 2 but id stick with the former Yugoslav Empire!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)