• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Geo is fun :) (1 Viewer)

Peek-a-boo!!!

HSC
Hi ervibodi! Jus wanna ask u guys about urs geography. I miss my old teacher.He was DA BEST TEACHER for geography but he got transfer to Albury, going back to his home town to teach. Dammnnnee!!! now my class has a new teacher but it's soooooo borin. I fink my class is screwed up now. Tell me some possitive notes on geography plzz because i feel so discouraged rite now.I dont feel feel motivated to go to geo class

felixcthecat

HSC
The_highwayman said:
To participate in geography requires very few english skills.
lolz.. truetrue...

geo isn't a hard subject as long as you understand the basics and u could just kno everything under 'logic', .. soooo just bring your textbook to class :D or u could just chat the whole way through geo class ignoring everything the teacher says ;)

*Lozzie*

HSC
The_highwayman said:
To participate in geography requires very few english skills.
lol this is always a good thing well i always enjoy geography cause we have a fun teacher and our class makes it fun so just liven up the class and it will be fun again

felixcthecat

HSC
lolz.. i still stand that u don't need much english skills for geography~

~no sarcasm :D

.. or am i missing sumthing?

felixcthecat

HSC
Laugh Out Loud (L.O.L.)

You missed the second 'i'!
However, I believe this is getting off topic so I'll add that as long as you bring your textbook to class, geography would always be fun.

"Chubby"

HSC
felixcthecat said:
Laugh Out Loud (L.O.L.)

You missed the second 'i'!
However, I believe this is getting off topic so I'll add that as long as you bring your textbook to class, geography would always be fun.

in my class, i don't even have a textbook to take home and use. There are textbooks in the classroom, but my teacher will only give it out to use if she thinks the class needs it.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
we barely ever used the text books either.

Geography work from textbooks, to me, is the reason why so few kids from yr 9/10 choose to study geography in yr 11/12. We did loads of textbook work in junior highschool, and as a result only had about 20 kids do geography in yr 11/12 out of a possible 400.

felixcthecat

HSC
realli? mhmm i relied basically 95% on textbook in yr11.. just do those chapter questions- they're pretty comprehensive + some teacher notes/comments which point out the important points~ and this year i'm relying on a range of textbooks/school texts..

i did realli bad in geo before yr 11..

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
although the textbook is important, you really do need to supplement ideas from external sources (our teacher provided these :D)
for e.g, some of u using a geography of global interaction by grant kleeman (the standard hsc geo textbook) may have noticed that there is only about 1/4 of a page on dominance and dependence of world cities. yet this was a 40 min extended response question for us last year. if i had not done the external research i would have been pwned, like so many ppl across the state did.

Peek-a-boo!!!

HSC
Hey! I must admit that you are very motivated to your studies .Welll just keep up the motivation coz you are also motivating me. Ill try my best to compete with you and hummnn other people. Well im chasing after you for the UAI. Ta da.

RubiX

HSC
Yeh I also hate the text book!do we even need to know half of that random s**** thats in the text? Or should we jst follow syllabus points straight out? That text book is jst so time consuming and our teacher wants us to cover jst about the whole thing.. arr!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)