Geo skills HELP!! (1 Viewer)

MzRobinHood97

HSC
Hey everyone! There are a couple of skills I'm need clarification and help with...

1. And also how do you know what aspect is? I know its the direction of a slope faces but how would you know?
2. Where direction was a photo taken? How would you know this?
3. Rate of change?!
4. When they say what is the largest scale, do they mean the largest figures on the map or the largest area used up ?

AND LASTLY, (this isn't a skill)

Are you allowed to put parts of the stimulus booklet in the essays at the end??

Thanks guys! Really appreciated!

KTexpensive

HSC
Lol idk skills but with the stimulus, in my schools trial exams it was asked in the question to include booklet examples and relate it to the question so I'm sure even if the HSC exam didn't ask for it, it wouldn't hurt to do so anyway.

minisu

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone! There are a couple of skills I'm need clarification and help with...

1. And also how do you know what aspect is? I know its the direction of a slope faces but how would you know?
2. Where direction was a photo taken? How would you know this?
3. Rate of change?!
4. When they say what is the largest scale, do they mean the largest figures on the map or the largest area used up ?

AND LASTLY, (this isn't a skill)

Are you allowed to put parts of the stimulus booklet in the essays at the end??

Thanks guys! Really appreciated!
1. When you do the aspect you're given two points on a contour map (i think... i'm pretty sure) you look at what direction the ball would roll down the slope to the other point.
2. they'll give you a map of the photo being taken. maps will always have a compass direction or otherwise it's always north. you'll just have to keep spinning the picture until it matches to the map and you can tell the direction the photo was taken
3. rate of change? change in population? LOL wot?
4. large scale? i would assume this question to be a multiple choice :S i think their trying to ask which map has a larger scale (close up of territories or something more detail than a smaller scale which is the world map)

do you mean "put put" the stimulus booklet in the essay as in attached? or use examples from the stimulus? I'm pretty sure you can refer your stimulus booklet in the essay information but i think in geography essays they would say "refer to the stimulus book". During prelims you get to answer 2 essay questions which refers to one of your topic you studied at school

hope this somehow helped ;_; geo skillz v patchy
sozzz 4 manyyyyzzz mi$+@k3

mb98

HSC
1. Think of it like you are standing in that spot, in what direction would you be able to look out, and see the land below
2. For photo, find something in the photo, that also appears on the map, like a river, a school, hills, etc. Put that on the map, and work it out from there.
3. - idk
4. If it is large scale, the objects in the map/image are big, zoomed in. An example would be a photograph. In a small scale map, the things seem smaller, zoomed out, e.g. a world map. So, in comparison, a house in a photograph (large scale) would be bigger, than that same house, on a map of the city, which itself would be bigger than that same house on a world map.

Regarding the stimulus booklet, you certainly can reference the stimulus booklet, from the essay. e.g. "The bleached coral, as illustrated in Source C," In fact, if you do this, you will probably get a better mark, as the marker will see you know what you are talking about. That being said, - dont be too worried about including it, obviously it is better to write for 10 minutes, and sit there and try and find a way to work in the stimulus material.

Best of luck
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)