• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

geos1701 (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yea people just started walking out after like 30 minutes
i betcha only few people stayed for the full 90 minutes
by the way did you see a guy wearing a red jacket today?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Nope, although i stayed the full 90mins lol. There were 3 ppl left when he said, 'time's up.'

Some fags had last years exam and were looking at it before the exam. The rain question looked identical.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Nope, although i stayed the full 90mins lol. There were 3 ppl left when he said, 'time's up.'

Some fags had last years exam and were looking at it before the exam. The rain question looked identical.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ah I loved that rain question, it was one of those things you happen to know a lot about, and you pray that it turns up. Hooray!

I thought it was fairly easy though, a few of them were a bit tricky, but nothing impossible.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Compared to what it could have been, I found it easy. I was thinking there'd be stuff about field capacity and capillary water and crap like that.

I probably shouldn't comment until the marks are back though, as you've said.

There aren't any assesments until the exam are there (besides labs)?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
theres still labs (10%)
field trip (10%)
and final session exam (20%)
so weve completed 60% of our assessment tasks

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'd ask this on the Geos discussion board, but I don't want to.

"What evidence is there (i.e. following soil morphological properties)to suggest that any of the soil profiles has an impeding soil layer?"

What the hell is that asking us? I got the data and answered the other question, but this one is stumping me. Is it asking what evidence is there that some soils from A1 go into A2 (or A2 to B2) and hence "impede" on the other soil layers? Is it asking if there is evidence that there is a soil layer below B2 (or anywhere else) that is impeding the drainage?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Pretty bad. 75 and 74 respectively. Bombed the water use report. :(

Yourself?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i did crap
75% for water uise
60% for exam
that brought my assessment grade from a high distinction to a freakin high credit
mayb i just ened to work a lil harder to get my distinction average :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'll post mine then.

Water Use - 90% (I was outrageously pleased)
Exam - 61% (I was kinda pleased, considering the average)

Hopefully I'll keep getting highish marks in this and bios so that my fail mark that I inevitiably get in Geos1111 can be ignored. This makes my average for this course slip to a low distinction, and my overall average to a high credit. Dag nabbit. Damn you 1111!

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
ah crap i still have no idea what to write for the lab. Any helpers? pls!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well, it's too late now, and seeing as no-one helped me in my time of need I guess it's only fitting that I don't help you.

Alas, John Tri..anti-inta-filli-filla-lis, whatever explained it on Monday's lab I believe.

That new lecturer guy is pretty funny. Playing music before lectures to "calm himself down", lol, what a classic.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Well, it's too late now, and seeing as no-one helped me in my time of need I guess it's only fitting that I don't help you.

Alas, John Tri..anti-inta-filli-filla-lis, whatever explained it on Monday's lab I believe.

That new lecturer guy is pretty funny. Playing music before lectures to "calm himself down", lol, what a classic.
Haha you reeeeallly are a tosser. Just aswell no-one talks to you in the labs and you seem to be such a socially isolated, bitter fool.

Btw, why was your exam mark so low? I thought the exam was easy according to you?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Whoa, whoa easy buddy, I said it was too late now because when I posted that message it was Friday night, after the assesment was due. Also, I said no-one helped me, here, on this forum. The questions I had about the lab arose after the lab was finished, not during, douchebag.

I guess my exam mark was low because I made a few mistakes. It still seemed fairly easy...No matter, my decent water use mark more than made up for that. I'll just have to do a lot better in my end of session exam.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think theyre talking about the water research assignment....not sure whether the assessment for this year is the same as last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)