• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Germany help please? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Is there any doubt that Hitler + the Nazis weren't successful in completely overtaking German social and cultural life in the period 33-39? especially in terms of women, youth, education, etc etc? Because I'm trying to evaluate this but it sort of seems indisputable.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
from what i remember there were elements in society that opposed nazism and its values

however, they tended to be youths and isolated political parties- not effective at all in the grand scheme of things

if i was evaluating this topic id try to talk about how the hitler myth was not always 100% effective in controling the population and then highlight the known groups that were associated and therefore in risk of being elemented as an enemy of the state...

sorry cant think of more off the top of my head

hitler made many enemies- many he killed, but there were some who evaded the nazis i think... :confused:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah cuz one of the first things the Nazis did in 33 was disband all organised groups and if they were reformed it was under Nazi control cuz they wanted to isolate everyone to stop organised opposition.... basically what I need to evaluate it how successfully they reshaped German social and cultural life and from what I can tell theres no question that it was successful

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well thats where evaluation comes into play- given 2 opposing opinions decide/reflect upon the question....really it means show both sides of an argument and demonstrate with evidence what you believe is "right" in regards to the question

the nazis did reshape the social and cultural form of germany indeed- no question

but from what isolated elements within nazi control did they display effectiveness in achieving their own goals towards the nazi regime???

but personally i would look into historian points of view and reflect upon that because it demonstrates a thorough understanding of the period (haha i guess.....)

sorry glyc i really shouldnt give u advice right now- i can barely remember the details the german core of modern...sorry

your teacher should have given u the notes- just go thru them and bullshit the rest :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahahaha if you had seen my room you'd understand why it's irrelevant whether the teacher gave me the notes or not ;)

i'll try my hardest and if worst comes to worst....i'll fail. aha

veridis

droog
HSC
glycerine said:
Is there any doubt that Hitler + the Nazis weren't successful in completely overtaking German social and cultural life in the period 33-39? especially in terms of women, youth, education, etc etc? Because I'm trying to evaluate this but it sort of seems indisputable.
ok after a slight lag if you still need it you could discuss:
- white rose, the anti nazi newspaper/newsletter that was shortlived but apparantly well recieved(they had to keep printing more)
- the eidelwiess pirates and other anti HJ gangs
- the swing jugend, who while not opponants to the nazi regime were indifferent to it and preferred to follow the fashions on trends of britain and the US
-the catholic church, esp the encyclical "With Burning Sorrow" in 1937 and Bishop Wurms influence in stopping the t4 euthenasia in 1941(ok after time limit but still good example). but on the other hand there was the 1933 concordat between the vatican and nazis so the catholics church didnt oppose the nazis unless they were directly persecuted
-the formation of the confessional church, protestant movement against the evangelical reich church and its corruption of their faith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)