Get Smart (1 Viewer)

rockstar01

HSC
Hey i am using the "Get Smart" physics book for questions. Can anyone tell me if they are any good. If not what is better.
Also, i have hardly been doing any physics since the beginning of year 12; should i write syllabus notes first or do questions first and then notes.

wanton-wonton

HSC
rockstar01 said:
Hey i am using the "Get Smart" physics book for questions. Can anyone tell me if they are any good. If not what is better.
Also, i have hardly been doing any physics since the beginning of year 12; should i write syllabus notes first or do questions first and then notes.
I heard Get Smart is shit, although I haven't personally used it.

According to one of the guys on this forum, he said 'Success One' books are good for questions.

As for your other question, I think you should do the notes first, although starting now is a bit lit, only a few weeks to the holidays, you better start quick.

rockstar01

HSC
Thanks wanton. I went to the library and photocopied first topic from Success One. It looks good but i dont think there are enough questions. It's more for the person that is prepared and just wants to do some final HSC style questions before their test. But i just came up with that just from glancing at it.
Does anyone know any other books. What about the Surfing series ones?

wanton-wonton

HSC
rockstar01 said:
Thanks wanton. I went to the library and photocopied first topic from Success One. It looks good but i dont think there are enough questions. It's more for the person that is prepared and just wants to do some final HSC style questions before their test. But i just came up with that just from glancing at it.
Does anyone know any other books. What about the Surfing series ones?
I would say Surfing series is more of exercise questions, instead of exam-styled questions. And plus, I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have nothing to do, because in terms of asking the questions, it is very comprehensive. You could almost say, that it's a textbook. Even though there are some good exercises, it's not worth buying the whole topic-by-topic books.

I'd just say go to the library and photocopy the sections that are necessary, (i.e. ones addressed on the syllabus), because there are heaps of sections from the book that isn't covered on the syllabus, e.g. Calculating orbital velocity, .... err... Thrust...stuff like that.

Last edited:

Jaydels

HSC
macquarie revision guide is good for writing notes......Physics 2 (i think its published by jacaranda) and excel are pretty good too

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Do not use getsmart... from what I can remember, half the stuff in there is out of the current syllabus...
Jacaranda, excel, the surfing series and most prolly the summary cards are what you should most likely be using...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)