Getting a job at a help desk/tech support? (1 Viewer)

mcslullaby

Hey guys,

Just finished year 12, and need to work for a year to pay for Billie Blue graphic design college. I've applied for a position for tech support with Telstra Bigpond through a freind who finished year 12 last year and got a job there without qualifications (they do 2 weeks training). I'm worried though that I may not make it and want to look for similar jobs that pay as well and accept school leavers.

Anyone have any ideas? It seems like school leavers opportunities are basically slave industries (McDonalds, Woolworths etc) or immediate education. But this is an area I would love to work in, so if anyone knows of any places requiring employees I'd love to know.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Best thing is to send in your resumes to a whole bunch of recruitment agencies and follow up on it, but if you have no experience what so ever it be harder.

Try out telemarketing jobs if you like

mcslullaby

I'm not interested in telemarketing and the whole quota thing they work by. It's also to do with sales, which isn't my style.

Helping with internet/PC problems is easy for me, and I find it interesting as well.
I've been calling lots of ISPs but it seems hard to get a resume in...I'll keep trying anyhow. Thanks for the advice anywa guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)