Getting a lower mark when studying! (2 Viewers)

starryblue

HSC
hi people! last term i did a science test that i actually studied (the night before of course =DD) and....
i got a lower mark than when i didn't study :L so what do you guys think? strange right? i was expecting a higher mark...*sigh* so i was wondering if i should bother studying for the next science test...

zxreth

HSC
how do you know that you did worse after studying? did you do the test twice or something?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It can seem like that, but really if you try studying before the night before and study a few times, it will be more effective than a night before quick read over everything. You most definitely cannot "wing" tests in snr school, you need to study so it's good you work out what works for you now.

starryblue

HSC
Exactly what I was thinking!
well...more like..my mark was like lower than what i usually get...and i had a brain freeze during that test! D= which never happened before. the test wasn't extremely hard and there was enough time!

starryblue

HSC
It was a fluke
probably but flukes dont happen all the time or do they? last yr i never studied and i managed to pass all my science tests! not to mention that i usually ramble on about stuff for the questions that i don't get which is usually majority of the test D=

starryblue

HSC
It can seem like that, but really if you try studying before the night before and study a few times, it will be more effective than a night before quick read over everything. You most definitely cannot "wing" tests in snr school, you need to study so it's good you work out what works for you now.
hey thanks! but for me, studying is really hard! D= main problem is: i cant be bothered, i procrastinate and then i end up not studying! D= and then there's the thing that i'm not interested in the subjects. like subjects that i'm good at/like i study and it actually helps! subjects that i find boring, i write notes, read over book/notes, attempt to remember them but fail! DD=

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Cool story bro, you should write a book about it.

"How not to study and get good marks".

Jaymay

HSC
Probably over confidence, being all smug and bragging 'I actually studied last night'. Then having a bit of trouble in the exam, and freaking out because you should know it. Happens to alot of kids, especially me, and always for stupid subjects like DnT :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well in senior school at least you can pick your subjects. But still even in subjects you like more than others, they're still always be those yucky modules you have to endure.

Except English. You're always stuck with English >.<

Maybe you're afraid to study because then you'd feel bad if you get bad marks, you can just brush it off because you didn't try? Or you know, could be that non school things are much more interesting :p

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
It's just an excuse to tell yourself not to study in the future.

HSC
N/A
Seriously, i'm in year eleven and I still don't study. But I think i'll give year twelve my all.

starryblue

HSC
Probably over confidence, being all smug and bragging 'I actually studied last night'. Then having a bit of trouble in the exam, and freaking out because you should know it. Happens to alot of kids, especially me, and always for stupid subjects like DnT :p
omg...i think that actually happened to me! and i also studied the wrong stuff!! dammit :L

Ponji-00

HSC
Everyone is different..
People worker harder in different ways...
Some prefer either studying in the normal way, visuals, creative, physical etc..
I think you felt more pressure from yourself because you studied..
Some people can feel that way and tend to stuff up a lot...

starryblue

HSC
Everyone is different..
People worker harder in different ways...
Some prefer either studying in the normal way, visuals, creative, physical etc..
I think you felt more pressure from yourself because you studied..
Some people can feel that way and tend to stuff up a lot...
then wat shud i do? yehhh, i think i did feel more pressured. i can't pass the HSC with luck! :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)