Getting a mark for incompleted answer (math) (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
Just did 2 unit exam. It was easy as fk TBH

but in 1 question, there was an integration question which I DID NOT SEE!!! SO I missed it. I managed to complete one of them in 10 seconds....

The thing is I think I'll get close to full mark until the last question. For the last question it was a maxima and minima problem. I didn't complete it but I managed to differentiate the formula and find the minimum point of what the question asked... it was out of 3 marks. Will I get a mark ??? at least 1 mark ??

I was aiming for 90% but because of the question I missed out, 90% is about to shatter... :(

muzeikchun852

HSC
probably one mark for the differentiation, one mark for finding the turning points and one mark for showing max or min.

you should get at least two marks then.

jamesfirst

HSC
Because my teacher don't give marks at all if the question is not complete.

Can I fight for the marks ?

mecramarathon

HSC
it depends,

for maxima/minima mark they'll prolly give

1 mark for first differentiation
1 mark for testing it using second differentiation to prove minimum point
1 mark for drawing graph (?) or making a statement, "therefore the minimum point is (X,Y)"

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
The HSC markers usually give you some marks, even if the final answer isn't out.

Sources; I'm guessing

jamesfirst

HSC
I just realised I differentiated the wrong equation :(

I had to difference the sum of two areas for equilateral triangle and the circle... but the question asked what is the maximum area for the triangle blah blah

so I differentiated the area of the triangle only.... damn ... i failed

Popcorn311

HSC
u get marks for incomplete answers. if ur teacher doesnt allow this, complain until you're heard

In year 11 last year I accidently took the last page of my answer booklet home. I would've topped my class but fag teacher wasn't compassionate to my situation - prolly cos I'm already topping. Blardy...

L

laplace25

fag teacher wasn't compassionate to my situation
Excuse me retard but did you really expect the teacher to give you marks for the answers you took home with you?

You dont "accidently take stuff home" , in fact, you are not meant to take any exam materials from an examination room ( the exam paper or answer books home with you ), thats against examination rules ( well in most schools ).

But seriously, you say you are good at maths, so one hopes you have some smarts, but did you really think you would get marks for answers you took home, the teacher doesnt know that you havent spent more time on it or got another person to help you with answers etc. The teacher is well within their rights to give you zero for the answers you took home.

Infact, if anything, the teacher should give you a mark of zero for the whole test because you have tried to cheat by taking home answer books and then trying to return them later to get marks. Whether or not you made changes to your answers at home , it is still considered cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)