Getting mid band 5 in physics? (1 Viewer)

Blaselemur

HSC
like it had a question about how a person needs to have a better emf than another person

Interdice

HSC
I think I finally got Einstein's train.

Light moves at a constant speed C. an observer inside the train will observe that it hits both the side of the train at the same time because of his frame of motion.

An observer outside the train will still see teh light hit both sides of teh train at teh same time, because of spacetime contorting the the back of the train to be closer, so that they hit at the same time, despite the relative velocity being different.

Am I correct?

carrotsss

HSC
I think I finally got Einstein's train.

Light moves at a constant speed C. an observer inside the train will observe that it hits both the side of the train at the same time because of his frame of motion.

An observer outside the train will still see teh light hit both sides of teh train at teh same time, because of spacetime contorting the the back of the train to be closer, so that they hit at the same time, despite the relative velocity being different.

Am I correct?
wait I’m kinda confused by how you worded it

Interdice

HSC
wait I’m kinda confused by how you worded it
Alright. I may be wrong, but this is what I think.

Imagine an observer inside einstein's train. The light is in the centre of the train. As Einstein's train approaches the speed of light, he observers that the light hits both ends of the train at the same time.

light is an abosolute constant, seperate from frames of reference. Therefore an outside observor should observe that the light hits the back of the train first, because of frames of reference and the motion of the train.

However he doens't because the train becaues shorter, and the distance between the front of the train and the light is shortened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)