Getting stressed out about doing Ancient history for year 11 next year. (1 Viewer)

Jigmey

HSC
Is it hard to get a band 6 in Ancient? Is it harder than modern? Would there be a problem with doing business studies, economics and ancient history together? Do you know the topics which schools will study for year 11 next year? Any textbooks or articles that I Should read over the holidays to prepare me?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Is ancient history hard? Is it harder than modern?
In terms of absoluteness compared to other subjects it is not considered 'hard'. However difficulty varies from person to person for subjects like these. If I did the subject I would probably get a really low mark, not because I find it difficult but because I would find it boring.

So no, it's not considered 'hard' as such.

mkumsuz10

HSC
Is it hard to get a band 6 in Ancient? Is it harder than modern? Would there be a problem with doing business studies, economics and ancient history together? Do you know the topics which schools will study for year 11 next year? Any textbooks or articles that I Should read over the holidays to prepare me?
Hi, I've just got out of year 11 and Ancient history was the subject i did the best in. I don't think it is hard at all to get a band 6 as long as you actually work hard and keep notes throughout the year and even more importantly, are interested by the course. I'd say before making a decision ask an ancient history teacher from your school about the topics you guys cover in year 11 and 12 and see if any of them resonate with you or if your interested in them.

I really like the Preliminary course and am currently also enjoying the year 12 course, so I'd say try it and see how you go! Worse case scenario you won't like it and you'll be able to swap it out for a different subject at the start of year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)