• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GGWP HSC. Help. (!!!) (1 Viewer)

r4ve

HSC
**My first post online. My apologies if i wrote anything offensive/wrong.

Hey all, so I've got a problem and in an act of desperation (and procrastination:tongue2:) I've decided to seek the kind help of this online community.

Here's the situation: I wish to achieve an ATAR of 90+ so I am eligible to do a commerce course at USYD or UNSW.

Here's the problem: I have dreadful ranks and I am not sure if 90+ is still achievable.

RANKS:

English Adv: 140/160
Economics:8/70
Chemistry: 70/80
Mathematics Ext 1: 80/100
Mathematics Ext 2: 80/80

I attend a top 50 school. (I don't think this really makes a significant impact)

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: (excessive)

My one spark of hope, lingering on the edge of my sanity, is that there is still around 70% left of internal assessment weighting.

Yeah, yeah...."you still got 70% you _________________(insert insult)!!!". BUT, it's easy to say "JUST IMPROVE" or "JUST ACE THE NEXT EXAM", than actually realistically achieving elite results.

What can I do? What should I do?
Do I still have hope of achieving 90+ ATAR?

Thanks all. <3 this community. :kiss:

I hope this thread can help others in similar situations, both current and future students. Again, thank you to those who take the time to read my panic report :)p) and provide constructive commentary. I wish everyone ALL the best! :cool:

duhdevitt

HSC
Yeah you can get a 90+ just work more smarter and productively!. My ranks were atrocious in term 4 but I picked up my game this term and became top 10 for all my subjects cept for maths which I'm aiming for top 40(school gets around 50 band sixes in adv maths on average every year so yep aha)

English just do more essays and hand em in to teachers, REALLY USEFUL, jumped from 11/20 to around 16/20 and I'm still sending an essay everyday.

You'll be fine don't worry :)

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

r4ve

HSC
Thank You Very Much "DuhDevitt" ! =) Much Inspiration!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)