Girls Soccer! (1 Viewer)

wineberg

baulkham hills.. dont take it the wrong way.. i ai
HSC
hey everyone!

im a chick who plays soccer.. and i love it (the back of my jersey is soccer chick afterall) just wondering if anybody else shared this interest wiht me.. its a passion of mine.. and i htink that womens soccer doesnt get enough recognition.!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yes, i love gurls soccer too :p

honestly, i reckon ur dead right, we neva eva hear about the womens leagues...like if they're good, then who cares if they're guys or girls?

i might b coachin a girls team next yr :D betta than guys ne day, u (girls) all listen, guys thrive off their ego's more than nething...

go gurl soccer....

V

vanbasten

As I've said before, football is in the blood with me....cannot escape it.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Shmacka said:
wineberg, braads hitting on you.

And go to www.theworldgame.com.au its my homepage. this site owns. its always got the latest news with some pictures. it has a section on on the wnsl at the moment
im not hitting on u, im jus voicing my opinion which just happens to be similar, n hey, an obsession with soccer neva dies, so more games being played by more people the betta

SweetSeasons

HSC
hey. Yeah I've played soccer since I was about 5 and I've reffed soccer for about 2 years. Damn I love playn soccer I hate reffing it, only reffed for the money. Thens topped when some kid snapped his leg.

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
hey, im in the same boat, i think im having soccer withdrawals- last year i coached a girls team (hardest coaching job ive ever had!) and a junior federation team in northern nsw, played for a 2nd division team and broke the goalscoring record for the competition (sorry but i had to put it in, im pretty proud of it as its the only thing ive ever really done...) and i refereed soccer on the day i didnt play....and now nothing. At least Liverpool is playing, although they really are struggling, id just like to see them through to the second round of the champions l;eague and that would be my season complete. Tho watching Liverpool at 4 in the morning on the day of my Modules exam probably wasnt too smart....

SweetSeasons

HSC
hmm, I scored 2 goals 2 years ago, one from half way and one from a rebound of a goal kick. But i play sweepe/center back normaly so yeah. I wanna star playn mid feild.

Dynamix

HSC
yeah, we had this awesome team that shouldve bin playing reserve grade in the competition above us, but we decided to help our home club out cos someone stole all their money and stuff and they go relegated so we went there 2 seasons ago and this year got an awesome team and scored goals left right and centre- we got training shirts all corresponding to how we played, and mine had poacher written on it. But we shouldnt've been playing in that competition tho. But the team is splitting up next seaosn, me and another guy are going to go to bathurst for uni and trial for their bathurst 75 side there and some guys are going to state league clubs to get paid to play and others just didnt make the side this year.

HSC
There's a board on www8.sbs.com.au/wgforum if any of you want to discuss the women game over there....

SweetSeasons

HSC
Sounds good.
I have the opp. to play division one all age ladies next year. But yeah I'd rather play all age ladies 5 and have fun and win a lot of games. I've never really seen soccer as something serious, it's more the way I relax and the pressure of a high division, even thought i could play there, would take away from that fun completely.

Dynamix

HSC
kool

hey, whats the go with the new wnsl, i know a couple of th girls in the northern nsw side and i cant believe how different they two games (male vs female) are- chicks are way more aggressive than guys! its crazy, id get killed playing against chicks!
And yeah sweetseasons, i thought that too before i started playing 19s a few years back to help the club out- now im playing in the tough grades for massive prizemoney ad having the best time. I love playing at a high grade rather than playing crappy 19s all year, scoring hundreds of goals but getting bored cos theyre too crap, i say if you can go further, go and challenge yourself.

Last edited:

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol.
Hmm, as a reff the guys treat u with a lot more respect and the girls question your every call, which is kind of annoying.
Guys seem too concentrate more on the game where as girls concentrate more on kicking, this is just in clubs occer, what i have noticed. If girls thought bout where they where kicking their game would be so much butter and thi development a a lower level would increase the level achieved in rep soccer.
I have played against some very agressive girls, but I have also played against some very agressive guys.

Dynamix

HSC
ive only trained with mediocre girls (like 1st year playing, so they havent worked out that they can push yet!) so i havent actually been abvle to compare, but from watching the wnsl a few times it looks tougher than what im used to.
I find as a guy ref that i have more fun refereeing the girls cos they are ust out there to play soccer and if a call goes against them they accept that it cant bve changed and dont (usually) ahve a whinge. Also, its much easier to talk to the girls for some reason, lack of hostility maybe.
I agree with the fact that if girls took the time to look where they are kicking it and took their time then there woiuldbe so many awesome girls playing soccer out there, i had a couple last year that just kciked, but you could see it in them, if they controlled and passed it, then they would be awesome.

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah. in sayn that as a sweeper my main job is clearing the ball up to the right or left wing for the forwards to run onto, lol. That's why I wanna get into mid feild because i reckon I could do a lot more for the team in mid.

I had a lot of fun reffing like the under 10 girls, compared to the under 10 boys. But when they start to get older, like under 14/15's there is a lot of b*tching with the girls.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
which is betta to coach...

a gurls team?

or a young (unda 15's sorta) guys team?

got a choice 4 next yr, n i wanna actually teach ppl (i know how to kick a ball freakishly --> i'm the one who scores supposedly freaky goals consistently) neways, yeh, got ne ideas? plzz

V

vanbasten

I broke my ankle when I was playing in Sweden. No I didn't go over and play there, I lived there for about 5 years. Broke my ankle playing for one of the local teams in Orebro. The Hamers.

Havnet played soccer in Australia yet (for a team that is), but the youth development scene is very good here.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
well, there are....3 teams i think, one is younger girls (13-15) and the others are like opens or something (16+)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)