• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GirLs..? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
how many girls are there in your school who do ipt? how many guys..?

hmm.. in my school.. there arent all that many guys compared to girls.. i think its a ratio of about 1:3 [1 being females, 3 being males] .. my year 10 computing studies teacher said that guys are always going to beat girls in the long run when it comes to computing subjects.. but thats kinda funny.. first i was coming 3rd, then 7th last year.. my rank hasnt gone down.. but yeah [sorry, im not trying to sound stuckup..].. but theres stacks of people doin the subject.. like.. close to a hundred.. it was more.. but yeh.. people dropped.. hmm..
but why do you think its usually guys who do better in ipt??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
When I did it, there were 3 girls and I think 14 boys.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
we had 5 girlz, we used to have about 8 in yr 11 but 3 dropped, and we had 5 guys which has also dropped from 10 guys

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
we have 2 girls and i dunno how many guys....

as for guys always beating girls in computing... i ranked 1st in exam and assessment all throughout last year :) take THAT boys :p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:

as for guys always beating girls in computing... i ranked 1st in exam and assessment all throughout last year :) take THAT boys :p
lol wel dun muse :D same here i kikd dere a$$, ipt isnt hard at all if u like it and if u read da textbook, i was liek coming 8th before d hsc exam, and the night b 4 the exam i just read d whole textbook and aced the exam :D

HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:

ur my inspiration!!
*looks at you in awe*
lol!!

$a®e

HSC
well there is only me and another girl in my ipt class:p....and there is 5 guyz....

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:

ur my inspiration!!
*looks at you in awe*
lol!!
awww u r too kind :)

speaking of ipt i have an early class of it tomorrow *groans at thought of waking up so early*

HSC
4 girls in our class of 16.

Better than our physics class of 14 boys, loving the sausage fest %D

HSC
6 girls in my class (including me) and i think there's 12 or 13 people altogether...couldn't bother counting anyway. but usually it's the girls who gets higher marks than all except for two boys in the past assessments and the last exam :rolleyes: and i topped in two assessments during prelim. didn't like the exam however :D .

Last edited:

Scanorama

HSC
3 girls in a class of 21. They were very smart too, one of the girl always came top 3 of the class.

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
well, considering I go to an all girls school..... all of us are girls in that class, so I can't really answer that question on if guys do better than girls.
the class started the prelim course with about.. 10 of us. Then it went down to 6, and just last week another dropped. So then there were 5.

HSC
N/A
Sham said:
well, considering I go to an all girls school..... all of us are girls in that class, so I can't really answer that question on if guys do better than girls.
the class started the prelim course with about.. 10 of us. Then it went down to 6, and just last week another dropped. So then there were 5.
yeh.. i used to go to an all girls school.. im so glad i left.. because.. it really isnt all that much competition.. it's not that girls are dumb [i dont wanna think so anywayz.. lol] but you know.. the class sizes were tiny.. bout 6 or so pplz in ipt.. and that was nottt enough competition! lol
im a really competitive student and well.. the assumption is that guys usually do better than girls :vcross: just wanna prove em wrong! lol [no hard feelings boys]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)