• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gmail (1 Viewer)

colonial1770

HSC
Just thought i'd let people know that aussies can now get gmail accounts from google. I just spotted it. Go to google.com.au and click on Get Google Mail. It will ask for a mobile phone number and a few details and bingo!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I don't think that will give you a gmail.com.au email will it. The only other gmail email domain type you can get is in the UK which is googlemail.co.uk plus most people that want gmail already have it through invites. But good spotting if people don't have an invite etc.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
The promotion is also available through the ordinary Google site, Google.com, as well as Google NZ. I think it stays for a few days for each IP address, then disappears. In any case, I hope this means Gmail comes out of beta soon. 'Cause it's a bloody top-notch feature-complete beta that's lasted 1.5 years... :p

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
politik said:
I just started Beta testing Windows Live Messenger for Microsoft.

God its one ugly program.

But it brings so many new features to Msn Messenger.
Have you seen it's Hotmail counterpart, Windows Live Mail Beta? I've been testing it, and I think Microsoft raided Gmail's javascript library, bastardised it, added some banner ads, and there you go. Thank God it's only a beta...

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
politik said:
I live Live Mail. The fact that its totally active to all parts of the server and does everything without reloading the page is a good step forward for Microsoft.
I'll agree with you that it's a good step forward, though I don't really like the way they have folders/active folder/message. It really puts the squeeze on the message for me on my laptop, though it's not as pronounced on the desktop. The way they currently have it set up makes it feel like such a Gmail copy, too.

Can anyone confirm if it's gmail.com or gmail.com.au emails?
It's gmail.com. There is no gmail.com.au, only gmail.com and googlemail.com (for UK users). :)

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)