• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Go Kart Racing (1 Viewer)

Luke_D

HSC
I go casual. I don't compete though.

Go karting is awesome but! Butterfly Farm is really good. I find the karts at Eastern Creek to be a bit dodgy.

pottsy44

HSC
i drove go karts for over 4 years and raced competitively for 3 years.

for the past 2 years, i was always at or around the top of my class. go-karting is extremely competitive and expensive.

a second hand go-kart will cost u between $1000-2500, with chassis+engine, a new go-kart chassis will cost u $3000+ and a new engine is $1500+ depending on the class u race in.

then there is the added costs, race entry $60+ depending of the type of meeting, some meetings such as state titles cost upto $500 to enter bc u need to do some other shit. set of tyres $200+, again depending on class u need a new set every meeting u race at. then there is fuel, tools, race gear, transport etc.

in other words go-karting is very expensive and u especially need alot of money to get started in the sport. in saying this i strongly say go for it bc go-karting is a great sport and i really enjoyed it.

so how do comps work? is there a couple a year or something?
u have to buy ur own kart to compete competitions?
is there anything where u can race weekly?

pottsy44

HSC
clubs have race meeting every so often, usually once a month. most work a on championship basis where they have 5 championship or so rounds a year, then the rest of the meetings are 'open' meetings. to be apart of a championship for a particular club u need to be a member of the club, joining fee is not that expensive. tracks apart of the sydney basin area are:

oran park (sydney)
eastern creek (north shore)
wollongong
lithgow
golburn (i believe that sydney and golburn work together now)
newcastle

there is also many other tracks/clubs outside of this group.

check out some clubs:

www.skrc.com.au
www.nskc.com.au
www.wkrc.com.au

i can't remember anymore off the top of my head but goto their links for links to other clubs.

to race competitively u need to have your own go-kart, u also need a go-kart licence, where i believe costs around $400 a year now.

also u can race every weekend just about bc clubs usually have a specific race weekend per month, eg newcastle 1st week, oran park 2nd week, eastern creek 3rd week etc of each month.

Last edited:

olchik

HSC
I have done karting just once and I liked it very much! It's really a lot of fun!

pottsy44

HSC
miss_gtr said:
My joint!.... but the track is actually at marangaroo...one of those posh estate/cut offs of the town.
yea lol the lithgow track is stuck out the back of lithgow, its hidden pretty well behind the train tracks and all :p

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I race go karts competetively and so does my brother (he's a Zone/State/National champion). It's expensive to start, but if you're just interested in having a good time it's not ongoing expensive.

Where are you from? Get in touch with someone from your local club- there's tracks outside sydney too (bloody good ones) such as Orange, Dubbo, Grenfell, Griffith, Wagga, Forbes, Holbrook, Albury, Lithgow... Have a chat with someone from a local club and they'll point you in the right direction... E.C isn't a nice club though... So if you're from around there try Oran Park or something.. :)

And if you need any info feel free to PM me.

Also, try http://www.kartingaustralia.com.au

pottsy44

HSC
chelzmalee said:
I race go karts competetively and so does my brother (he's a Zone/State/National champion). It's expensive to start, but if you're just interested in having a good time it's not ongoing expensive.

Where are you from? Get in touch with someone from your local club- there's tracks outside sydney too (bloody good ones) such as Orange, Dubbo, Grenfell, Griffith, Wagga, Forbes, Holbrook, Albury, Lithgow... Have a chat with someone from a local club and they'll point you in the right direction... E.C isn't a nice club though... So if you're from around there try Oran Park or something.. :)

And if you need any info feel free to PM me.

Also, try http://www.kartingaustralia.com.au
oran park will be gone in a few years skrc has to move to golburn or somewhere else..

btw do u mind me asking u what ur surname is?

Srixon

HSC
miss gtr if u r talking aobut the karts at jamberoo recreation park they suck not even real go karts only run about as quick as a lawn mower. Go karts r mad wish i took up racing them i have only done it for fun at pambela and in queensland at the big kart track which is the biggest go kart track in australia or southern hemisphere i think one of them and there karts go alot quicker than at pambula

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)