• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

going to 2 unit maths (1 Viewer)

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
I am currently doing extension 1 mathermatics and I find it a real killer because it is so damn hard and my marks for extension 1 maths are under average at times. I do well in the 2 unit course and I enjoy 2 unit maths because it is moderately hard and interesting at times. :)
What I want to know is if I drop extension 1 maths and do 2 unit maths, will that have any severe impacts on my HSC result?
I was told by my teacher that if i concentrate all my knowledge on just 2 unit maths, I can get very good results in the HSC. But my tutor on the other hand says that I will fail miserably in the HSC and get crappy results in the end because of doing 2 unit maths.

Thanks.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: going to 2 unit maths

bluesoleli said:
I am currently doing extension 1 mathermatics and I find it a real killer because it is so damn hard and my marks for extension 1 maths are under average at times. I do well in the 2 unit course and I enjoy 2 unit maths because it is moderately hard and interesting at times. :)
What I want to know is if I drop extension 1 maths and do 2 unit maths, will that have any severe impacts on my HSC result?
I was told by my teacher that if i concentrate all my knowledge on just 2 unit maths, I can get very good results in the HSC. But my tutor on the other hand says that I will fail miserably in the HSC and get crappy results in the end because of doing 2 unit maths.

Thanks.

If you're struggling with 3unit , 2unit would be a good option because it's scaling is relatively decent if you go well.

A band 6 in 2unit shoudn't be too hard either.

WannaBang?

HSC
bluesoleli said:

Thanks.
I was in the exact same situation and I dropped. Best desicion I've made.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: going to 2 unit maths

tommykins said:
If you're struggling with 3unit , 2unit would be a good option because it's scaling is relatively decent if you go well.

A band 6 in 2unit shoudn't be too hard either.
I carried on 3 unit throughout the HSC and got a bad mark but 3 unit is more useful than anything I've learnt in the HSC now.
Thank god I didn't drop it.

LOL at using chinese language.

conics2008

HSC
Re: 回复: going to 2 unit maths

bro, it doesn't matter on what subject you do. as long as you go well in them..

thats the key. im doing 4unit, i wound't of chose it if i didn't go well in 2/3 unit.

soo if you see you self struggling in 3unit and not 2unit then drop it. some people in my year done that, and are raping the 2unit exam.

think about it ?

vds700

HSC
If u can get a decent mark in 2 unit plus all your other subjects, then u can get a great UAI. So if u hate extension and enjoy 2 unit, by all means, drop it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)