• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Good idea to start belonging work? (2 Viewers)

gleeek

HSC
For belonging, is anyone just briefly annotating? Or going into depth? I want to save myself some time in terms of analysis and the writing of notes for next term.

HSC
N/A
Hi gleeek,

Your note taking process is entirely your own. You need to find what works for you, such that you are able to extrapolate your notes into ideas, techniques and analysis for your eventual essay. If you feel that brief annotations are sufficient, then by all means do that. However, a bit of extra hard work has never gone amiss, and so going in depth may perhaps be the superior option.

Regards,

Delta

gleeek

HSC
Hi gleeek,

Your note taking process is entirely your own. You need to find what works for you, such that you are able to extrapolate your notes into ideas, techniques and analysis for your eventual essay. If you feel that brief annotations are sufficient, then by all means do that. However, a bit of extra hard work has never gone amiss, and so going in depth may perhaps be the superior option.

Regards,

Delta
Thank you, much appreciated!

DamTameNaken

HSC
I'm generally lazy so I'm only doing what I deem absolutely necessary. I've decided to read through my related texts (so far 'Kafka on the Shore' and 'Metamorphosis') going through those books when I found a quote I highlighted it, once I finished the book I had that amazing feeling of looking at all I've highlighted and adding it to a quote bank. That's about as extensive as my notes go apart from one line descriptions of main characters with some reference to belonging e.g 'Oshima: Androgynous, intelligent, feels alienated due to his gender identity.'

Mdzabakly

HSC
Personally. I read/ watched my prescribed text( as you like it _), and teacher given related text (fight club) and have district 9, and community the TV series as my chosen related texts. after reading//watching them i begun analysing them and have compiled a bunch of notes for each which i have cut down and summarised ready for next term.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Personally. I read/ watched my prescribed text( as you like it _), and teacher given related text (fight club) and have district 9, and community the TV series as my chosen related texts. after reading//watching them i begun analysing them and have compiled a bunch of notes for each which i have cut down and summarised ready for next term.
Fantastic related texts...

And they should be of a different medium to show the marker that you display a wide knowledge of literature.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Tv series, movie and play :D
3 different things
Movie and tv series are of the same visual and film/television medium, they use the same type of techniques.

Perhaps use a short story, poem or a painting instead of one of them.

And the texts are very unsophisticated too.

Mdzabakly

HSC
Movie and tv series are of the same visual and film/television medium, they use the same type of techniques.

Perhaps use a short story, poem or a painting instead of one of them.

And the texts are very unsophisticated too.
unsophisticated how?

Hila

HSC
My teacher said It's okay to use an unsophisticated text, if you balance it out with a really sophisticated one.
When I was doing Gothic, my related text was 'Northanger Abbey' by Jane Austen. I told my teacher I can't think of another really 'sophisticated' text I want to use for my second related text. She said I don't need another sophisticated text, because my first text was already of a high level, so it'll be 'well-balanced', apparently.
I could use something that is considered less 'complex' and still get good marks. I ended up using some modern vampire story (NOT TWILIGHT) and they really did balance each other out nicely. So I suggest sticking with one of your ideas and then picking something else of a higher level to do. You don't have to though, you if analysed your texts well and wrote it well in an essay you can still get incredibly high marks with whatever text you choose.

I heard mean girls and kung fu panda have been used in essays for belonging and received high.

ncoul

HSC
Please don't do these linear, banal texts. The markers monotonously see thousands of these, year after year.

ncoul

HSC
My teacher said It's okay to use an unsophisticated text, if you balance it out with a really sophisticated one.
When I was doing Gothic, my related text was 'Northanger Abbey' by Jane Austen. I told my teacher I can't think of another really 'sophisticated' text I want to use for my second related text. She said I don't need another sophisticated text, because my first text was already of a high level, so it'll be 'well-balanced', apparently.
I could use something that is considered less 'complex' and still get good marks. I ended up using some modern vampire story (NOT TWILIGHT) and they really did balance each other out nicely. So I suggest sticking with one of your ideas and then picking something else of a higher level to do. You don't have to though, you if analysed your texts well and wrote it well in an essay you can still get incredibly high marks with whatever text you choose.

I heard mean girls and kung fu panda have been used in essays for belonging and received high.
I don't doubt that high marks could be achieved, but I'm sure you'd agree that it's much more compelling for a marker to see aberrant texts with equally unique concepts.

Mdzabakly

HSC
Please don't do these linear, banal texts. The markers monotonously see thousands of these, year after year.
Lol i already planned on scrapping fight club ( thats my teacher's text given to me idk why ) and i decided 2 cut district 9 after the ind made me realize that i had 2 chosse a different visual medium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)