• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Google Nexus One Smartphone. (2 Viewers)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks nice and I bet it runs fast. Everything from Google is quick and efficient - good engineers.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It's running the 1GHz Snapdragon CPU with 512 ram and rom (separate).

Should prove fast... Only thing, it's not multi-touch :(.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzxZ8tOBcQ.

How to post youtube vid?
Using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzxZ8tOBcQ as an example

Type {youtube}(youtube address){/youtube}.

Replace {} with [].

You don't need the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= part of the address, just the ending characters, the hvzxZ8tOBcQ part.

Remember, replace {} with [].

It looks like this; {youtube}hvzxZ8tOBcQ{/youtube}

[youtube]hvzxZ8tOBcQ[/youtube]

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
iphone loaded engadget.com quicker than this nexus.

i wonder how it compares with iphone with all its other features, memory, speed, calls, apps, camera (nexus is 5mp i think, whereas iphone is 3), battery, etc.

will find more info when im more awake..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
iphone loaded engadget.com quicker than this nexus.

i wonder how it compares with iphone with all its other features, memory, speed, calls, apps, camera (nexus is 5mp i think, whereas iphone is 3), battery, etc.

will find more info when im more awake..
I wonder how the Nexus One works with just general speed of use in songs, text and the alike functions... if there is an annoying start-up time or so on.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
It's running the 1GHz Snapdragon CPU with 512 ram and rom (separate).

Should prove fast... Only thing, it's not multi-touch :(.
It is multi-touch, Android Eclair supports multi-touch, its just the apps that come with the phone don't. Plenty of keyboards/other apps you can download from Android marketplace which support multi touch

I'd be wary if I were you. I like google stuff because it is fast, but I don't like them because google collects information that can identify a device, like google does with chromium.

I'd go Personal security > speed.

Like everyone says: safety first.
What is that even supposed to mean? Fwiw, google had nothing to do with the design. Google HTC Passion or HTC Bravo and see what you get. The design is purely HTC, google is just getting behind it to get Android out on the market.

I'll be importing one tomorrow night. Was hanging for an iPhone for about a month or so, then looked up the specs of this and was reasonably impressed. Having seen pics that the camera puts out as well as real world battery life figures, and not to mention the price, decision was pretty easy.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
had it for ~48hrs,
thoughts:

cons: cannot connect to ad hoc networks, only access points
camera is impressive but really nothing special
pales in comparison to my 5 year old ipod in terms of sound output (frequency response and volume)

pros: everything else

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I was tossing up between buying this or the Nokia N900. In the end, the reviews all said "it's a tie" and I decided to go with the N900 because it has a) Full desktop-level Flash support, b) a full desktop web browser, not the shitty mobile one Android has, c) it is based on Debian Linux (which means it can do pretty much ANYTHING a desktop can do, unlike Android), d) it has a keyboard, e) it has powerful multitasking support.

Edit: Though I think I'll dual-boot my N900 with Android.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)