• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Got 70 in an assessment :( (1 Viewer)

andydote

HSC
I got 70% in an assessment in Biology weighting 20%
Have I screwed up my chance in getting a band 6 completely?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, calm down, just remember your final ATAR and HSC marks are dependent on your internal rank, your external HSC exam performance as well as to some extent, your cohort's external HSC exam performance as well, and everyone will have that one or two assessments they didn't do so well in, so don't worry excessively. Put it this way, you have screwed up your chance of getting a band 6 completely if you maintained the mentality you have screwed up and no matter how hard you try, there is no hope. Don't let how you do in 20% affect the rest 80% of your internal marks. There are still a lot of opportunities for you to improve your internal rank.

The following are just some advice:
1)Stop panicking and be realistic-doing bad in one assessment is highly unlikely to wreck your chances of getting a 'band 6'

2)Learn from your mistakes and remember to read over the exam paper carefully-i.e. at least twice before you start doing the questions-it is ok to make mistakes, as long as you don't make the same mistake twice. Make sure you know why you have made mistakes in the EXAM you have done.

3) if there is anything you don't understand-ask your teacher-whether it is at the end of lesson, after school, before school-don't wait before it is too late. Make sure in the future you understand absolutely everything your teacher has taught you and is prescribed in the syllabus. Don't be shy

4)Study hard in the subject consistently, do the homework, complete assessment tasks to the BEST of your ability, make notes, practice past HSC questions under EXAM conditions, do text book questions, mark your answers, circle mistakes, repeat this process as many time as possible and with persistent effort-you will maximise your potential to get that band 6 you want.

5) You've got 6 weeks of summer holidays in which you can consolidate over the knowledge you learnt for biology and even study ahead to maximise your marks-it is never too late unless you think it is and you make it so.

Remember, keep a positive and focused mindset, keep working hard and all my best wishes for you doing well this year. Remember, if you believe you can get a band 6-you will and you can-it all lies in one's mentality and attitude. Hope this helps:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)