• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

got a job offer. what should i do? (1 Viewer)

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok, i got a job offer with an insurance company and training starts tomorrow

the thing is, training is from 4-8 PM Monday to Friday and 9-5 on Saturday.

training goes for 3 week. and its payed.

BUT the job is only 3 days a week from 4-8 pm and 9-5 Saturday.

the job pays $20.5 an hour.

now, the money is pretty good. nothing special. however, i dont think i can commit to the training because i have uni from 3-6pm 2 days a week....now all last week i said to myself that i can somehow work around it and get my friends to get everything down but i dont want to take the rist. ITS 3 WEEKS OF CLASSES! and there is a prac ill have to miss

what should i do?

and then ive got an interview with a engineering firm on tuesday which is related to my studies (engineering)... if i dont get that job then i loose the other part time job...ive got a situation here....any advice?

and i also need a job .

edit: with the insurance job, the lady is very sweet and has tried her best to work around my uni timetable....say if i reject the job, how do i say it to her?!

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Depends how hard your uni is going to come down on you for missing classes especially with the prac. Can you attend other times/classes at all while you're doing the training?

But overall I would say take the job and just deal with the upheaval, it's only 3 weeks out of your life and you'll have a decent job at the end of it.

If you end up rejecting it just tell the truth, e.g. Thanks but I can't afford to risk missing so many classes etc, explain about the prac ra ra ra but thanks very much anyway, exit stage right.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
i told the lady at the insurance company that i believe im worth $25 p/h and therefore unable to start training.

LOL

hope i get the engineering position

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i told the lady at the insurance company that i believe im worth $25 p/h and therefore unable to start training.

LOL

i dont think that was necescarily wise, but whats done is done i suppose

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

LOL

Are you serious

Well up to you...but if you don't get this engo job you're screwed (maccas is always hiring lol)

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
LOL. no im pulling everyones leg.

i called up and told her that i dont think i can commit to the 3 week training and if more positions open up when i have holidays please call me.

edit: im going to the interview. cyaz!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)