• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gothic Fiction (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
hii Ext English ppl

This is like my first thread....also my first post in this forum. So you will have to excuse me if my posts seem a little stupid..lolz.

Anyway I am Doing a Genre Study on Gothic Fiction at the moment in year 11. I was wondering if anyone had done it before and if so...Is there and texts i should read (Apart from Dracula...Because we are doing that already)...and if there were any notes or points anyone had for me?

Thankx in advance.
Zahid

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
i did gothic fiction last year...we focused primarily on frankenstein basically and its appropriations so i dont think i can help you much on the other aspects of gothic horror... i know that my teacher who is taking prelim again this year is doing gothic fiction again...and i think theyre looking at frankenstein, dracula, witch stories..crap, thats all i can recall. anyway, frankenstein is a quick read if you want another text, its also a great book...so u can read that....its also the foundation of basically all gothic fiction, so i dont know if that ties into your course at all

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
do you happen to hav any notes....or know of any resources which i could use to study the genre?

jaffa

If you want to look at something a bit different (and possibly impress the teacher!!) try some Edgar Allan Poe......the short stories are a good start (the tell-tale heart, the black cat, the fall of the house of usher, just to name a few)
hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)