• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

GP Ideas anyone?? (1 Viewer)

DannyMills

Group of 3 males, doing business as usuall. trying to explore the idea of a corrupt sinister idea like mafia or something any ideas guys??

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by DannyMills
Group of 3 males, doing business as usuall. trying to explore the idea of a corrupt sinister idea like mafia or something any ideas guys??
TRUST ME...mafia is not good. our teacher told us off for being unoriginal and unorganised. it seems ilk a good idea but my teacher assures us it horrid

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Two guys, two girls, "Crossing the line"...

We're thinking of going with the afterlife... ie: exploring different religions' afterlife concepts, and parodying them, if that's the right word.

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
not sure about paroding many different religions... esp. comedy & religion, often a touchy subject... esp if u had a devote catholic/jewish/etc marker....

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Think of everything you can do with the topic. Rearrange the letters to make new words, make random acronyms to match the topic i.e.

Crazy
Assylum
Seakers
Enterprise

And so forth. If you come up with a really cool word that you want to brainstorm, go for it. The main thing to remember is that these topics are not set in stone, they are springboards into a world of ideas :)

Originality scores great marks... so be as random as you can. You want to stand out from the 20 000 other groups in the state.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
were doing a time machine for perpetual motion

stazi

Nightman
HSC
skillo, are you replying to me?
Maybe you go to my school? SBHS
fuck we thought we were being pretty original too.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Its actually quite funny because two groups in two different places can come up with the same ideas.

Chances are its not going to be your topic thats different, its going to be your presentation. Dont worry about having an unoriginal idea... make your performances as original as possible

stazi

Nightman
HSC
we were thinking of doing peeling but making it about an asian woman named 'Pi Ling'

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Originally posted by 1Time4thePpl
skillo, are you replying to me?
Maybe you go to my school? SBHS
fuck we thought we were being pretty original too.
I surely was replying to your post. However, I'm a country girl in the lovely township of Albury.

I do know someone who goes to SBHS....

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
So how is everyone going in terms of GP? There are five groups in our class, and we were the only one who hadnt really gotten the ball rolling. But we have to show 6 minutes this Friday, and we were so frustrated coz we couldnt work with anything, nothing was good enough for us and we always ended up at dead ends. But we got together this Saturday, our last chance to get something otherwise we would be fucked for the assessment. It took a few hours and we still were getting nowhere, but we eventually came up with a really original idea. Its really rough, but we have 6 minutes and can work till Friday to make that 6 mins tight. We also have some idea of where we want to go with the other six minutes.

Has anyone else had major problems, and where is everyone up to now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)