Grades In High School (1 Viewer)

Superstar11

HSC
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, so please move it if necessary.

Anyways I've messed up twice in High School. I've got like 3-4 B's and 2 C's (78 in Algebra II and a 70 in Spanish II) and the rest are all A's.

Will this hurt my chances of getting into a good university? I play a sport year round almost every day and weekends and I'm really good and plan on playing in college and after college. I'm not using that as an excuse cause I had a hard teacher in Algebra II and in Spanish II, but I just got lazy in Spanish II and I ended paying for it.

Doomah

HSC
dont they just pay thier way through college or get a basketball scholarship?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Superstar11 said:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, so please move it if necessary.

Anyways I've messed up twice in High School. I've got like 3-4 B's and 2 C's (78 in Algebra II and a 70 in Spanish II) and the rest are all A's.

Will this hurt my chances of getting into a good university? I play a sport year round almost every day and weekends and I'm really good and plan on playing in college and after college. I'm not using that as an excuse cause I had a hard teacher in Algebra II and in Spanish II, but I just got lazy in Spanish II and I ended paying for it.
Those grades aren't too bad, they probably won't get you into harvard though. Take some Advanced Placement subjects to pull up your gpa if you can handle them. I wouldn't recommend more than 4 at a time(probably not more than 2 if you're not prepared to work hard for them) I took 4 of them in my junior year and that was a pretty rough year, they did pull up my gpa by a bit though and I learned a lot from them. another way to pull up your gpa would be to take piss easy subjects and ace them. but they won't look as good on your transcript. keep playing basketball and join some societies like key club, they tend to look good on your college resume too.

btw, in case you haven't noticed, you're on an australian forum and most people here don't know the carriculums that you're talking about :p

Thought Shark

HSC
chucknthem said:
Those grades aren't too bad, they probably won't get you into harvard though. Take some Advanced Placement subjects to pull up your gpa if you can handle them. I wouldn't recommend more than 4 at a time(probably not more than 2 if you're not prepared to work hard for them) I took 4 of them in my junior year and that was a pretty rough year, they did pull up my gpa by a bit though and I learned a lot from them. another way to pull up your gpa would be to take piss easy subjects and ace them. but they won't look as good on your transcript. keep playing basketball and join some societies like key club, they tend to look good on your college resume too.

btw, in case you haven't noticed, you're on an australian forum and most people here don't know the carriculums that you're talking about :p
Holy crap - how did you know all of this?

Superstar11

HSC
chucknthem said:

Hmm, I'm a junior in the second semester so I only have 1 year left for AP Classes. I might take some next year though. Maybe like 2-3.

I'm in the Beta Club, but I haven't done anything in it yet. :D Might need to do some stuff. And it's not basketball. or american football, or baseball

yea I was curious about it, but this was the only high school place on big-boards :D

HalcyonSky said:
ur a superstar, dont worry about it.
your right about that, but I'm not too big of a superstar, I'll be happy to get into the MLS :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)