• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Great Dividing Range not politically correct (1 Viewer)

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
my geo teacher was telling us that its not politically correct to refer to the Great Dividing Range as the Great Dividing Range because its aparently not that great nor does it divide anything :eek: ...its supposed to be the eastern highlands or something...i say get stuffed politically correct people...Australia's all about greatness..it's like saying the great wall of china isnt that freat....

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
you should tell your geography teacher that if it says Great Dividing Ranges on maps then maybe you should refer to it as the Great Dividing Ranges otherwise people wouldn't know what your talking about.

Also if you call them Eastern Highlands, what would you call the Southern Highland. Then you would have to change the Southern Highland to Southern Hills or something making them relative to the Great Dividing Ranges.

So yeh tell you teacher to go and shove it up his .........................

Ps. I hate politically correct people.

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
i know...it was a random bit of trivia...somehow i don tthink its gonna catch on real quick

asscookie

dork.
HSC
...if it's not called that why would there be signs everywhere along the roads telling motorists that they're driving across the Great Dividing Range. Your geography teacher is a nob.

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
in answer to that yes there are such mountains known as the great dividing range. it goes from north victoria all the way through nsw (through the town i live in (u can see the mountains from our kitchen window) ) and stops at southern queensland and it separates the east coast from the inland. but the mountains are far into the inland not in the middle of nsw more eastily. were i live we are east of the ranges (which means we are between the ranges and the coast) :uhhuh:

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
cholly said:
because its aparently not that great nor does it divide anything
Well... they are great big hills that divide the snobby east coast from the rest of Australia... (and I agree that it won't catch on quick!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)