• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Great I say... (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
the fact that they can change whatever they want whenever they want pisses me off. i mean, there is going to be such a cultural divide with those who can afford to go to uni and those who cant. also, that charge per subject thing is horrendus

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
because apprently for 2005 entry, theyre cutting HECS, so thus unis will have to have more full fee places available for money. now that theyre charging makes getting into uni much harder, esp if you're going to go under hecs

chepas

HSC
So does this mean all those for 2005 admittance will have to wade through each uni's books/paperwork/catalogues to find out what is happening and what it's going to cost?

And re HECS - the article probly said it or not, so they're more or less getting rid of HECS, or just cutting it back a lot to apply only to a small portion of people?

'Great' is really what should be said - tis now even better for those of us who are completely clueless allready.

:D

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
not FREE education...cos that would be well... stupid ...

REASONABLE uni fees are what are in order...
yeah
it really is impossible to give "free" Education out..for matters.. where is all the money comming from?!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
do you guys find that you're getting your 'money's worth' in your course..?

i'm paying band 2 for my course (architecture) so that's like almost 5 grand a year. we never have enough seats/desks in lectures cos they put us in classrooms instead of lecture rooms. we don't have workshops, studios, drawing rooms, equipment, annnything.

so we pay 5 grand a year to sit on the floor. does anyone else have any qualms with the money they're paying and the resources they're getting out of it..?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't get my money's worth. I used to pay $30 a year to go to my government high school and I actually learnt more there. Some of my lectures (actually most) are so pointless. We also have the same problems of overcrowded classrooms that are under resourced.

santaslayer

HSC
go get laz to dig out some ancient piece of legislation (like he did in the other thread) to challenge uacs desicion/.....Lolz

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the article says that at mac - a science degree will be charged on the courses you do. isn't that what happens now? i am being charged on subjects, not degress

what now? wait till they can get their act together to tell the 04ers how much they will be paying. the payments sound bad, glad i'm there

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
woa!!! u poor 05ers...

yea, march against hecs increases!!! march against fund cuts!!! NO VSU... I luv USU... 2morrow pplz, 1230 at usyd... src will provide free bbq!!! i heard

wait, tis outta place isn't it??

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
the article says that at mac - a science degree will be charged on the courses you do. isn't that what happens now? i am being charged on subjects, not degress
what are you doing iambored?
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Free bbq, that's always in the right place.
everyone lights up in the presence of the word "free"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
can someone please tell me why free education is stupid?

as a serious question, id like to know how one generation can be given it and then that very same generation impose such fees upon us.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
the whole thing's screwed.
did anyone go to the protest yesterday?
luckily my bus drove past just as they were hitting the streets @__@

MoNNiE

HSC
nah... i'd rather use my vocal chords else where

though i was watching!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)