Group Assignment help (1 Viewer)

Mazar97

HSC
So we have a group assignment that consist of a poster. One of the members agreed to do the poster and the rest of us do all the research. The poster he made was very subpar. Is there a nice way to tell the group that I don’t mind doing the poster cause I’m not really happy with the poster the guy made.

uniqueusername1

HSC
So we have a group assignment that consist of a poster. One of the members agreed to do the poster and the rest of us do all the research. The poster he made was very subpar. Is there a nice way to tell the group that I don’t mind doing the poster cause I’m not really happy with the poster the guy made.
dAmn you guys make posters in uni? lol

specificagent1

HSC
"my uncle owns a design shop, i can make it look much better"

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You have to be honest with your group members. It might seem awkward but you need to call out the person if their work is not up to par because in the end if you don't it will lead to a bad mark for everyone, that's part of working in groups at uni. However, there's no need to be super harsh or critical because it's not a roast, unless it is like they did nothing, which in that case go all in lol. Be upfront and say I think we can improve this because at the moment based on the marking criteria for x,y,z reasons we will not receive a good mark. Then propose how you think it should be fixed.

Mazar97

HSC
You have to be honest with your group members. It might seem awkward but you need to call out the person if their work is not up to par because in the end if you don't it will lead to a bad mark for everyone, that's part of working in groups at uni. However, there's no need to be super harsh or critical because it's not a roast, unless it is like they did nothing, which in that case go all in lol. Be upfront and say I think we can improve this because at the moment based on the marking criteria for x,y,z reasons we will not receive a good mark. Then propose how you think it should be fixed.
The problem is I am the only one that talks in the group and I don’t want to be the annoying group member since I have already had him fix the poster 3 times already. But thanks for the advice, will definitely try it out.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
The problem is I am the only one that talks in the group and I don’t want to be the annoying group member since I have already had him fix the poster 3 times already. But thanks for the advice, will definitely try it out.
you can tell him like

I really appreciate your work with the poster but I was thinking maybe we should add this / fix blah blah, I can take it from here if you like and once I'm done I'll send it to you and you can tell me ur thoughts

so basically if possible you don't have to make him fix it again but you can offer to fix it yourself, if he's ok with it

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The part in bold is an important thing to consider and is one of the main reasons why a particular group either lacks productivity or fails to deliver their project to a high standard. If you happen to be working alongside people that fit within this category (i.e. unproductive group members to be precise), it is imperative that you take appropriate measures because as mentioned above, negative contributions/absence of contributions from one (or more) group members will not impact them only but the whole group. Definitely inform your lecturer/tutor/unit coordinator or equivalent if you notice and feel that such behaviour will be detrimental to your overall group performance.

Mazar97

HSC
Thanks for the advice everyone, it went well and now we decided to fix the poster together as a group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)