group & individual performance (1 Viewer)

gonzalina

Re: Re: Re: Re: Group

Originally posted by J_Walker

Our topic is that of americanism taking over aussie TV, it is dooooo damn fun to do cos it ends in a bloodbath onstage with 2 litres of fake blood we made, it goes off, we have bottles of the stuff to squirt all over the stage.
yeah, go the whole killing thing...we end with two of us killing the third person...who was holding us up in the bank, her gun revealled in the last second as only a banana.

ours was about different reactions in extreme situations, and whether or not we can recognise our faults and change. one did, one didn't, and one was killed... exept we didnt use any blood or anything...just that overused red lighting :) anyway, when you are using a classroom with carpet, you always have to be careful about what you can and cant stick on the floor! stupid school..*grumble grumble*

J_Walker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Group

Originally posted by gonzalina

yeah, go the whole killing thing...we end with two of us killing the third person...who was holding us up in the bank, her gun revealled in the last second as only a banana.

ours was about different reactions in extreme situations, and whether or not we can recognise our faults and change. one did, one didn't, and one was killed... exept we didnt use any blood or anything...just that overused red lighting :) anyway, when you are using a classroom with carpet, you always have to be careful about what you can and cant stick on the floor! stupid school..*grumble grumble*
Yeah we are lucky to have a lino floor, but the people after us were'nt as pleased.... the monolouges and stuff afterwards were effected due to the sticking of shoes to the floor causing a velcro like sound when they walked, very off putting. But we cleaned up on the HSC day so it wasnt so bad.

gonzalina

yeah, the group that had been going to go first ended up being put last, cause they used sray paint to paint this screen they had during the performance, and the excess of fumes was a bit overwhelming!

gonzalina

yeah, and the group nefore us had drawn with chalk on the floor, so we had to get that rubbed out! didn't help that i'm allergic to dust :( but it was fine...after the dust settled! the judges took ages though...so all was good!

J_Walker

The group before us used tinned sardines, they had been in a guys pocket and by the time he threw them, they were very warm and stank the room up!!!!! god it was hard to perform with that stench.

flosh's gurl

hearing about all these performances makes me want to see them all!!! none of our groups had anything exciting like blood of spray paint etc. our teacher was very much into using our body's as props. plus none of us really needed to use any. my group's piece was 4 of us sitting on blocks pretending it was a boat. kinda based on absurdism because the boat had a hole in it but it never sank.
what did everyone think about how they went?? i hate the fact that i will never actually know what mark i got for my performance. i think that is going to piss me off for a long time.

gonzalina

nope...im not sure if we get back one mark that includes all HSC components, thats how its always worked before (although my teacher said something at the beggining of the year about them thinking about changing tha...im really not quite sure...i wouldnt count n it though!)

*cajunga*

man, i'll tell you what really sucked about our group...
one of the girls in our group went overseas for 7 weeks and came back the week before the hsc, the week of the trials. so we'd made up a piece already, in which she'd had no input whatsoever. we'd made it up with just us 4 in it, cos we had to perform it for assessments along the way.
so yeah, she came back and expected to be added in, which was fine. but the thing was, she didn't have any input whatsoever! you'd think, seeing as she'd done SHIT ALL for the piece that she'd like to have some little teensy weensy bit of input. but no. instead, she'd come to rehearsals and say 'the teacher says i need some more lines in the piece' and expect us to make them up for her. she doesnt' have one creative bone in her body, and she's gonna be taking credit for our hard work in the development of the piece. the worst part is that the teacher absolutely loves her, and no matter how bad her performance was for trials (which, might i add, wasn't that good ) she still gets the same marks as us. sorry guys, i had to have a bitch...
:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)