• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Growth of Megacities? (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I'm kind of stuck thinking about what have caused the growth of megacities. My reasons are currently:

Due to urbanisation which has been caused by:
-Rural Urban Migration (Push and Pull Factors)
-Natural Urban Population Growth (because people in developing country have more children).

Is there any other reasons?

lfc_reds2003

yeh they are a good starting point but ur missing one major point which all HSC markers frisson over and uim sure u will too!

but the major reason is ecocultural - peopole desire a satisfying way of life but know that the ecosystem will siffer an imbalance and according to the great georgrapher Le Chataalier the ecosystem will best compensate the pressures put on it, so in other words the transmigration will simultaeouly occur and accentuate the lack of cultural mysogyny in the paradoxical space-time continuum!

heart

sm:)e
HSC
sorry, is Le Chatelier a geographer? I thought he was a chemistry guy.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
ecocultural......are u serious, I didn't know such a word existed.

Did you have anymore websites or textbooks on ecocultural.

Also what I asked was in context to Megacities not really Ecosystem At Risk, but you have brought up an interesting point.
Thanks

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Do you know about overurbanisation and overruralisation?
This is from memory, so the details might be a little off, but basically there are more people living in the rural areas than the rural areas can sustain, so they move to the city. And because of all the people moving to the city we see problems with infrastructure, housing, water, waste disposal and all your other mega city issues.
It's an expansion on rural-urban migration, I guess. Probably out of one of the textbooks if you wanted to check the exact definitions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)