Grrr ... NETWORKING!! (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Ok ... two comps, both on Windows XP Home.

Now, one of these comps (call 1) was originally networked to another comp, I threw that old baby out and got new one (call 2). When i run setup on comp 1 it gives me error: "an error occured during configuration of the network on this computer" bluh bluh. I am trying to call it a different name and set up a new workgroup name. When i do it on comp 2 it works fine, but comp one has the cable internet and so should be the main one.

Now ... somehow the two comps are sharing the internet ... I dont know how. But on the shared folders ... comp 1 has still got stuff in there from the old comp, whereas comp 2's shared folder is empty ....

Is there anyway I can delete all network shit and start from scratch? (All i can do is disable but not delete!), or can anyone help me??

Also, whenever on either comp i press "view other comps on same workgroup name" it freezes ....

:(:(

Ac

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by Lord Ac
Also, whenever on either comp i press "view other comps on same workgroup name" it freezes ....
yeh read the site that fatmuscle gave

with this freezing problem, are you sure the computer is frozen or is it processing?

winXP when it searches for networks takes quite a long time....upto and over a minute sometimes

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Thanks peopel! It works!!

A lot of ths trouble was the evil norton!
A
c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)