• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Guidance in what to do at Uni (1 Viewer)

roboboogie

HSC
So I took a gap year this year to work, and I got about an atar of 71. I could have got 90's I just really didn't study at all and was busy having more fun.
I have deferred Marine biology, and around my atar I can get into some b.science.
I've been thinking for months about the direction I want to take. I've concluded I'd love to do something to do with
- animals, helping
- Studying fossils, past life, reasons for certain world events
- the way the mind works, is just amazing, mind and body
- neanderthals etc, very fascinated by the evolution of humans and history

Don't know what to do.. take marine bio where it's really hard to get a decent job/placement, or do b science then branch off to something else?

ameher

HSC
So I took a gap year this year to work, and I got about an atar of 71. I could have got 90's I just really didn't study at all and was busy having more fun.
I have deferred Marine biology, and around my atar I can get into some b.science.
I've been thinking for months about the direction I want to take. I've concluded I'd love to do something to do with
- animals, helping
- Studying fossils, past life, reasons for certain world events
- the way the mind works, is just amazing, mind and body
- neanderthals etc, very fascinated by the evolution of humans and history

Don't know what to do.. take marine bio where it's really hard to get a decent job/placement, or do b science then branch off to something else?
Hey there,
maybe try a bachelor of science with a bachelor of arts? with an arts major that will allow you to study with a major in history, or psychology? just an idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)