gulp.. (1 Viewer)

morganforrest

HSC
spangacrab said:
I Never actually mentioned the quote in my story, only using it as an idea to go around. Am I fucked?
I'd say so....it kinda implies that the quote should be in ur story somewhere

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Yeah I wasn't sure whether the quote had to go in it either. I fit it in somewhere just to be safe though. Don't know if my story tied to the concept of "everywhere he went people would chat to him" but it's pretty ambiguous really and I think the concept of my story is pretty solid.

A radio interview is fine though, and it'll save the marker reading yet another story.

Anyone want to post up their stories if they know them? I have mine, I wrote it word for word plus the quote, it fit in nicely in one place. I was pretty happy with the question I must say, the only thing that could have been better would have been that picture of the hands and the eye from 2005.

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
spangacrab said:
I Never actually mentioned the quote in my story, only using it as an idea to go around. Am I fucked?
Shouldn't think so. The question said "use the quotation as a central idea", so as long as your story is related to the concept of the quote you should be fine.

spangacrab

HSC
sp0ntane0us said:
Shouldn't think so. The question said "use the quotation as a central idea", so as long as your story is related to the concept of the quote you should be fine.
I did a story about a guy who got rear ended and the parents were killed. He saved the kids from the smouldering car wreck and to save the kids of humilitation of having drunk parents he put himself in the car and took the blame, some how.
I sorta focused it around the fact that a mosaic is a beauitful (wall or floor?) painting when viewed from a distance but when you go in close you can still see the special pieces of beauty that make it up as an individual?

Fuck, I think I went too motherfucking deep.

buzzcut

HSC
Yeh, because it was a central IDEA (as sp0ntaneous said above) as opposed to "the beginning of a story" or something like that, they don't require you to literally put the quote into your story.

Basically as long as you wrote a story about journeys you will be fine...

efhat

HSC
do u guys rekon mine is ok? i posted it above......i went into more detail than i posted but u get the drift

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
shona1990 said:
A radio interview is fine.
Most people see creative and jump straight to a short story. It's good to have something different.
lol nice dp is that u? can we hook up?

shona1990

HSC
True what you said about the 'idea'. But I suppose you had to make it VERY obvious that your story was based on it... I just didn't wanna risk it.

MyLoveIsPure said:
lol nice dp is that u? can we hook up?
...No.

starrysky

HSC
When I actually look back on it, my story didn't really centre around the quote. Fuckity. I just chucked it in as the opening sentence, and then again near the end to reinforce the significance of it (over-analytical much?) ...

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
shona1990 said:
True what you said about the 'idea'. But I suppose you had to make it VERY obvious that your story was based on it... I just didn't wanna risk it.

...No.
please ive got alot of hunnys i can buy u alot of sutffs even though it doesnt matter to u because u live in mosman which means ur loaded with hunnys anwyay but i can show u how much i love u...

sometimes they say love is blind, maybe thats why u dont wanna be with me yet

*explodes*:bomb:

HSC
I had a memorized story... And it fitted great with the first quote... And a marker's gonna look at it and think I got the idea from text 1 in the first section lol XD

My story was based around a old book, left behind... And I did the whole memories of what it went through in the past... blah blah blah... I found it funny how the first quote was from the stories guy in text 1 and fitted with my story XD

Hopefully the marker will think I had an amazing brain thinking on the spot... Sec 2 is my savior anywho x__x I hated sec 1, and 3 was meh lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)