• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gun Law Question (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Can someone explain to me teh gun laws of nsw/australia? what are the requirements to obtaining a gun, etc etc

thanks

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
ah thanks.

*runs off to join a club*

X

xeuyrawp

Jago said:
ah thanks.

*runs off to join a club*
I don't know if it said on that site, I couldn't have more than a quick look, but when I was shooting, there was something tricky that nearly got my licence taken, which was obligatory attendance and shooting for a club.

From memory, there are four sections to own a gun: 1. Antique collector/collector, 2. Hunting, 3. target, 4. weaponsmith. (I think). Each category (you'd probably be 3.) has its own rules about how often and where you have to shoot.

I was hunting, which comes above target (apparently), so I had to go to this stupid club once a month and hang out with these old men who drank beer and target shot. It was all too hard in the end, especially since I joined a club near my grandfathers farm, where the guns were. I ended up giving back the licence, although I can get it again easily. My grandfather still owns a few guns, so he comes under the first status and still has to regularly attend clubs, but he's an old man, so it doesn't bother him.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
4x a year. which wouldn't be too hard imo.

The trouble would be actually saving up enough for a decent pistol/ammunition

X

xeuyrawp

inasero said:
they cost less than 1000 new
Depends what kind of gun you get. Ammo's pretty expensive, if you seriously get to know your weapon.

All the guns I've shot had re-usable cartridges, and although the main cost is the powder and the bullet material, you could save in the long run by buying a reloader (or better yet, borrow someones).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)