gwen harwood writing assessment task (1 Viewer)

*Pooja*

we have to bring 3 pieces of material (obtained from only the internet) that are related to gwen harwood and the content that being studied in module B. in our writing task, we have to 'reflect on the effeciveness of these materials in developing your own understanding of the poetry set for study'.

are there any good texts on the net for this?

(ive looked at other threads and they havent really helped me much)

clerisy

HSC
There's a good interview with Harwood from the Melbourne Writers Festival some years back at

http://www.mwf.com.au/arc92harwood.html

but it doesn't have much direct information on the poems we're studying. Otherwise, there's very very little on the internet relating to Harwood.

5c

HSC
kimmeh said:
meh. what readings do you guys have ? I am totally stuck on Jung's psychology. It makes no sense to me :(
if u call "influence of music, art, literature and poetry" a reading..
dats wat im doing ..
im stuck for finding INTERnet materials for dis assignment.. !!
there arent much out there on gwen harwood ,,
well i cant find ne..

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Well its really biographical information about Gwen-well thats what i see it as. I think this assement sux0rs really bad as it is so ambiguous. I think then english department is only concerned with us answering the dot point on "using technology" and "reflect own learning" and not on whether the task is full of sh*t or not :) I cant find anything either. No matter how many "idiots guide" to Jung i read, i still dont understand.. Damn you english faculty :mad:

*Pooja*

damn all english. it used 2 be so good until they started decreasing our marks 4 really stupid thingos like one mark off for writing"ie." instead of "that is" in a feature article. how crazy is that?

clerisy

HSC
You get deducted for writing ie???
That's disgusting!

KfWang

yes.. our english department is full of shit.. but there are some decent teachers in it (Cinquettin, Mr P. and Ms Chamas) everyone else is shithole.. just like the subject...

and pooja... who are you?

Premus

hey

just curious....what do u guys use for ur readings for gwen harwood's poetry?
cause i dont have any haha

Thanks

*Pooja*

basically, criticisms u find on gwen harwoods ideas utilised in her poetry, eg. memory, childhood, Freud+Jung dream analysis, references to other texts (eg. King Lear in 'Father and Child'). get it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)