• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearlies and haven't started studying.... (1 Viewer)

moustafasadek1

HSC
Hey guys. I have my half Yearlies this upcoming week 9&10 and I haven't started studying yet. I regret that and I am now struggling for study time management since I haven't got much time.. Any tips to study efficiently and try getting all subjects studied by Sunday. I have English on Monday and maths on Tuesday.

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks.

teridax

HSC
N/A
You need to specify what exactly will be tested for English, otherwise we can't really help you. Nevertheless, I would memorise quotes, and have a general idea of an explanation for the quote + familiarising yourself with some past questions + very rough plans for them. In terms of maths, I hope you've been doing your h/w because that's important! If you haven't been consistent, well that could be a problem lol. At the least, do past papers under timed conditions; that's all you can do at the moment.

moustafasadek1

HSC
Ok thanks. I have tutor at the moment so I'll reply with more detailed topics I'm getting tested on.

Ekman

HSC
Im going to get a lot of hate for saying this but, you are basically screwed. Trying to write up a practice English essay and learning your techniques and their effects, as well as studying for maths in 2 days? I seriously don't see how this will go well... I highly recommend prioritising which subject is more important in terms of study, because it will be almost impossible to study and be prepared for both exams. On the bright side, you learnt your lesson and hopefully you wont do the same last minute study for your trials...

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hope it's progressing well.

Best to be realistic right now and focus on one subject at a time. For subjects like business I literally studied the whole course the day before the exam, so it's doable. For theory subjects it will work. What helps is making short term memory tools like acronyms and just reading over them again and again. Make a story or something, as retarded as it may sound.

As for maths, probs memorise important formulae if you haven't already. Tbh it's not possible to effectively cram maths but do what you can in the time you have. If you've been doing your exercises for maths progressively then you need to realise that technically you have studied and now light revision will do. However if you have been a victim of Maths in focus.....then I'll elaborate no further..... :/

English can pretty much be crammed. Just remember your quotes and techniques. Your essay might not be perfect if you haven't memorised it but just work with what you have and the time you have remaining.

moustafasadek1

HSC
Ok, thanks again and yeah I have Maths In Focus... I haven't looked at any other textbook. Should I be other than looking at past papers and that textbook?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Ok, thanks again and yeah I have Maths In Focus... I haven't looked at any other textbook. Should I be other than looking at past papers and that textbook?
But on a serious notes, look for Success One, honestly I think it's a good buy.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
._.

Do you know how big of a sin this is...?

Can u pls chuck away your MIF BEFORE I EXPLODE

I want to eliminate that entity from this world. The author is a fraud. How can she sit at home knowing she's tricking plenty of students and their teachers into thinking this book can yield band 6 students?! (Yes some people do get b6 using MIF BUT THE VAST MAJORITY DON'T)

THIS BOOK IS BAND 2 MATERIAL

She deserves to be shipped away, to another country. I hope she's not in Australia right now coz if she is I will fkn find her and cut her.

Prepare for Enigma's wrath!
He was so asking for it

every1 has MIF, school's hand em out like the flu
This angers me more than channel nine not broadcasting world cup cricket matches :angryfire:

Fkn department of education needs to get their shit together and send mrgrete grave to Jupiter

Last edited:

moustafasadek1

HSC
Yeah ok. I will be buying the Success One textbook then... I was wondering why I had gone so crap in maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)