Has anyone succesfully transfered to Com(liberal Studies) at usyd? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hoping this is the right place to ask. Who has been succesful. Who has been unsuccesful. What was your gpa? Your uai?
You get the drift.

I only got a 92.75 but want desperately to xfer next year to this degree. otherwise my next 2 years are going to suck.

Any advice will be great :)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hahah you're only desperate so you can sit next to absolution, and stroke his thigh's in class ..... hmm actually it does seem like a good plan :eek:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
you soo wouldnt fit in with the comm lib studies vibe

its like only for smart/cool people.

you better hope the uai falls for it stas. otherwise i doubt youll be able to transfer.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
why call it liberal studies? what's the difference compared to str8 commerce?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
theres no commerce subject prereqs.

Oh and I was more wondering about the NRSL index, not the UAI. There's a big differnce.
I.e. if i got a d avg and a uai of 92.75 could i potentially xfer.

i love you absy-wabsy.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
theres no commerce subject prereqs.

Oh and I was more wondering about the NRSL index, not the UAI. There's a big differnce.
I.e. if i got a d avg and a uai of 92.75 could i potentially xfer.
doubt it. :):)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ive heard its very possible.
the law cutoffs are like 96.x
i got 92.75
D avg of 6.5 gets me 92.75+99.95/2=96.35 I am the winnar. I get into law, probably.
But i dont want law. and i dont want a 6.5GPA
If this is the NRSL for a 99.6 course, i wanted to know what the nrsl for the 97.6 course could be.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's possible to get the NRSL cutoffs from the relevant faculty at USyd, since they're a bit more open to these facts than other uni's *cough UNSW* We know the NRSL cutoffs for USyd Law have been around 96.2 because I think MoonlightSonata asked the Law faculty - so maybe do the same (and get those HD's!)

Oh, and while you're at it, ask them what method they use for UAC transfers, because we've recently learned that at UNSW for commerce, they take the higher of UAI or 1st yr GPA rather the more common 50/50 UAI/GPA

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Minai said:
It's possible to get the NRSL cutoffs from the relevant faculty at USyd, since they're a bit more open to these facts than other uni's *cough UNSW* We know the NRSL cutoffs for USyd Law have been around 96.2 because I think MoonlightSonata asked the Law faculty - so maybe do the same (and get those HD's!)

Oh, and while you're at it, ask them what method they use for UAC transfers, because we've recently learned that at UNSW for commerce, they take the higher of UAI or 1st yr GPA rather the more common 50/50 UAI/GPA
wow if thats the method for usyd id be happy in my pants. im relatively confident in at least a 6.0 gpa or around that.
And im trying to get 2 hd's this sem :)
Can't really do much about a low credit/pass for ecmt though

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ok they were very open with their info. Well relatively.
He said that I'd need just under a distinction average for a succesful transfer to com lib.
He didn't say whether its 50/50 gpa/uai or not.

I'm thrilled :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)