• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Has anyone successfully changed classes before? (1 Viewer)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Me along with all my friends have lost faith completely in our teacher. She is the most laziest English teacher I've seen. I can write a whole essay on her lousy teaching but I'll just ask my question: Has anyone ever successfully changed English classes due to a unsatisfactory English teacher and if so, how did you approach it?

This is serious for me. I doubt I can get a good mark for English in the HSC if she is to guide me through the course. :/

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If you can't, just work on it on your own (ie self teach). My year 11 religion teacher was absolute bullshit so half the class went to the library to do their own private study.

Tbh, I think you may be over dramatic about this situation. What do you mean by "laziest"and "unsatisfactory"? As in s/he doesn't mark homework, or have class where you "do nothing"?

FlyingKanga

HSC
Both. She doesn't mark homework - in fact we rarely get homework and in class she gives us some work but SHE does nothing. For the rest of the lesson she just gives a generic "Do your work" until the period ends. I'm not sure how to self-teach myself for English but I'd just prefer to move to another class also considering that many people have dropped to standard.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you raised this concern with a higher authority such as the coordinator or assistant principal?

FlyingKanga

HSC
I haven't but few others have tried this year to change classes by speaking to the head teacher of English but he disallows it. This was a few months ago however.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well they wouldn't let say 10 students just move to an already full class while the current one you're in loses numbers. Bring up this issue directly to someone with authority and get it sorted out

ie; explicitly say she is a bad teacher because (blah) to the coordinator. Just don't start shit because you don't likr her. This will probably result in a defamation law suit

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow; 22 users browsing this forum. People must hate their English teachers

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Haven't changed classes from experience but from what people have done in the past:

1) You could confront the principal about it (this is a serious matter seeing as you're in Year 12 and self-teaching would be too time consuming) and get signatures from the the other students requesting a new teacher

or

2) You could slip a letter into the head teacher of English saying that because of this teacher your marks have been declining and get it signed by your parents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)