Hatshepsut Question! (1 Viewer)

tiramisu25489

HSC
So, who wrote more for question a than question b?
The majority of my friends and I did less for question b and thought they they should've swapped the marks around... what do you guys think?

butterflyxx

HSC
Yeh, i agree! I finished early so i was checking and realised that A was longer so i elaborated on B. Weird... i was hoping they'd ask us on her building programs!! cos i studied for that but noooooo... oh well, it's over :D

tiramisu25489

HSC
butterflyxx said:
Yeh, i agree! I finished early so i was checking and realised that A was longer so i elaborated on B. Weird... i was hoping they'd ask us on her building programs!! cos i studied for that but noooooo... oh well, it's over :D
ME TOO! ANd I was hoping for an assessment on her career or something, or how she showed her devotion to Amun.. that would have rocked. Oh well. Yeh, it's over :)

sarzie89

HSC
I know! most ppl from my school did too. how bad is that! ahh... i wasnt too happy with the question on foreign policy... i was scared wen i first read it.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I loved the foreign policy question :) we prepared for that one quite a bit :D
It was good, Hatshepsut = good

lowek

HSC
yeah i think it should have been the other way round but I managed to make (b) longer. I spent tooooo much time on the hatshepsut questions but thankfully pompeii and herculaneum didn't take me that long so I had extra time.

Loza2232

HSC
The hatshepsut foreign policy question was awful. when i read it i was swearing under my breath. I wish that it was on building, or on assessing her as a pharoah overall. oh well, im glad its over anyway

bobwacko93

HSC
well i think queen hatsheput did a really good job at ruling ancient egypt like she was exporting goods to other counties in africa during her regin

ringout13

HSC
N/A
bobwacko93 said:
well i think queen hatsheput did a really good job at ruling ancient egypt like she was exporting goods to other counties in africa during her regin
Your a mess, i feel sorry for your teacher.
Who put heaps of historians opinions in, like lawless and callender and the gang? and who used the inscriptions from the punt colonade for the foriegn policy question and the birth and coronation reliefs for part a?

tiramisu25489

HSC
ringout13 said:
Your a mess, i feel sorry for your teacher.
Who put heaps of historians opinions in, like lawless and callender and the gang? and who used the inscriptions from the punt colonade for the foriegn policy question and the birth and coronation reliefs for part a?
You're making me fear. I put.. historian's opinions in.. and.. punt.. and everything you mentioned aside from Lawless.. :) was I... not supposed to?
I used the Divine and Birth Coronation Reliefs for part a), were we... not supposed to?
I have too many insecurities about my HSC exams. *sigh*

*double sigh*

haha.

urgay

HSC
yeh i wrote three bookelets for hatshepsut
i did all that crap about royal linage,hieress theory, her divine conception,chosen by thutmose I and stuff for part a, a few minor quotes eg 'unconstitutional, 'usurper'
and then for part b i said that quote evdience is more 'plentiful than is somtetimes thought, blah blah ppl think in terms of foreign campaigns she did none due to lack of military image and cos she was a woamn
then i did red block inscription, sphinx statue, speech at pakht, the graffito of tye, punt, speos artimdeos eggg.. then i talked about foreign policy maitninging image, prosperity through trade and went int o detail about punt

JuliaT

HSC
i think i probably wrote about the same, thinking about it. length wise.

for part A i did a brief outline of her relationship with Tut 3, her claims to the throne, her divine birth and coronation reliefs, her change in titles and image.

for part B i wrote about punt and her military campains, with some stuff about gardiner and wilson bitching about her being a chick. i made sure i overwrote both of them, so i wrote about 30 marks worth for each, so i doesn't matter how much each were worth for me.

i liked the questions. hatshepsut is cool/easy to do ^^. i hate pompeii.

pirate!

HSC
I'm the opposite. I really, truly hate Hatshepsut and all New Kingdon Egypt stuff (which, subsequently, is/was another of my topics. Unlucky me!). I do believe, in the reading time, I a) started laughing, followed by b) swearing under my breath.

I can just never remember quotes! That's why I somewhat like Pompeii and Herculaneum (although I was opposed to the questions in that paper. None if it really worked for me unfortunately). *Sigh* I think I was lucky to write 6 pages for this entire question - by this entire question I'm referring to the Hatshepsut one.

Walking out after this exam, my teacher was outside flapping her arms about all excitedly (she liked the paper for some reason), and asking us what we thought. I merely walked up to her and asked "Miss, what are Hatshepsut's foreign policies?"

She was somewhat worried after this.

Turns out, by blind luck (with some process of elimination and just general figuring out) i did, indeed, talk about the correct thing. Man I'm good *insert sarcastic smiley here - they dont appear to have it in their meagre collection*

Last edited:

F.R.O.G

HSC
URGAY - how the hell did you write 3 booklets????? I barely made 1 1/2 booklets for both questions... I talked heaps about about a) and b) i thought but now i think i failed.... AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH i knew it was a bad idea to come on here...

nadinetannous

HSC
Part a for me was definetely way longer than b. B sucked as Hatshepsut focused on internal policies while Thutmose III focused on foreign policies. Hatshepsut had the Expedition to Punt, as well as led a few military campaigns in both Nubia and Syria- Palestine; and these two things allowed for the improvement of the Egyptian 'empire', but there was not enough information to acquire 15 marks. I'd be lucky to have even got 10 for this!

And yes, how the fuc* did you get three booklets full? Extra big writing or did you actually know what you were talking about?

Nadine.

mmc754

HSC
It was pretty nasty. But.. both my questions were abouttt 2 pages maybe.. lol pretty lame effort for a 10 and 15 point question. Urgay is probly lying haha playing mind games ahaha god im funny.

who cares though seriously, in a couple of years most of us wont even remember the marks. :)

ringout13

HSC
N/A
Yeh so many people on here are liers, 3 pages haha as if. i was lucky to do 4 pages for both but i did only have 30 mins to write because i left it until last.

makemyangelfly

HSC
Hahaha. I thought part a was good but I looked at part b and thought: "Foreign policy? Hatshepsut had no foreign policy! What the hell is this shit?" I ended up writing about Punt, tribute, trade and the army.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)