• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Have i done something wrong? (2 Viewers)

Brad

Well hey there, im doing PE as part of my HSC and i had a friend that done well in it last year, so she gave me her notes for me to use.

No we're doing our second assesment task and i told someone that i had her stuff, i told her not to tell anyone because i didn't want everyone to say "Oh he only went well because he had so-and-so's notes" but turns out she turned around and went and told people. Im not ashamed of using her notes as references but im worried that people will now view any results i get to be due to the fact that i have this girls notes, and that my teacher will look at my work suspiciously. Even when i went to ask the other PE teacher for a bit of advice on the assesment we were doing she told me "Well ive heard youve already got all the help you need" i a pretty nasty tone, before then procedeing to turn around and help someone else with the exact same topic and subject!!

Tell me, am i wrong in feeling pissed off about this?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Hell I'd be pissed off! Some guy at my school got 100 for his UAI, and I know a girl with heaps of his notes, and she tells heaps of people, and no body cares. No body thinks she is less capable in any way.

Just because you have someones notes, doesn't mean you will definately do well, it's up to you. I can't believe that the teacher said that to you. But I don't know if there is much you can do about it...

Brad

Yeah the yellow ones, i actually was never in class last yr for prelim as i was doing accelerated maths and it was on the same line.

Yeah i wasnt gunna tell anyone but i thought i could trust this girl, obviously i cant, and i found out after that she does this to everyone so im really Pissed off with her.

Im trying to figure out a way to get out of it though, like pretend all i had of hers was like her excel books,

i have like both my sisters PE notes as well, but this girl was fucking super organised and has the best notes.

speersy

HSC
N/A
yes you should be pissed off, however look at it from the teacher and other students point of view.
The teacher probably feels that she will hav to make new assesment and not simply copy the questins from last year
The other Students are probably too lazy to get there own notes and are jealous that you have an advantage over them.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think that pretty slack, i mean, within your school, you're competeing for ranks. i think you have a right to be angry because it doesnt mean you've actually used and touched them. they cant really judge you because you have someone elses notes. i know most people work from other peoples notes as a guide or refference. but i would imagine that schools would ask students to do assments that vary every year. like two years in a row, students shouldnt have the same essay question. rather logical not to do so because the year above would probably be looking at getting rid of their notes, while our year looks at buying notes to assist ut. even if you did copy the ntoes, i'm pretty sure that they cant remeber the content in the assesment anyway. i think you should just ignore the comments made around you and try to beat them anyway. theyre idiots in not worrying about themselves and being prepared. :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
there is nothing wrong with having notes for a subject (if there was then it would defeat the purpose of BoS itself!!)
...but i wouldnt have told anyone if i were you...are there any other teachers u can approach for help beside the nasty one?

Brad

Well my mum is the libraian at my school and she was found some stuff for me, but its not really her forte, i might ring my uncle- he's a PE teacher

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Well not until the last school asessment is done. Then photocopy them like crazy and give them to the dumbasses to boost your school marks, and give you a higher UAI.

Brad

Hahaaha Fuck no way in hell man. I think ill keep it quite that i have her english notes too as well hehehe

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Brad
Hahaaha Fuck no way in hell man. I think ill keep it quite that i have her english notes too as well hehehe
It all depends if you want to beat your school, or get a better UAI.

If you give 'awesome' notes to everyone after the last school asessment, then you may lose some ranks, but you will end up with better marks overall assuming you performed the same in the HSC as you would have beforehand. (Because your school mark will be scaled up).

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I dotn I just want to beat the rest of my school... although it really wouldn't affect me much at all because I'm still confident that I could beat the people in my year :rolleyes:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
haahaa....u shudn't have gone around saying it 2 ur fwnds!! lol , but was it done is done.....just work hard n do all the stuffs on ur own!!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i dont really understand why you shouldnt tell people that you are using someones notes. if they were given the opportunity, they would do the same thing. and especially if she did well in pe - who would take notes from someone who did badly? they are being immature, the teachers in particular. just kick their asses and tell your 'friend' to grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)