Have I stuffed my chance of a good UAI (2 Viewers)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
No, you have not stuffed your chances. This is only one assessment task. Compare your mark to others in the class. They may have done equally badly. If not, then you need to put in extra work for the rest of your assessment tasks to bring up your class rank. How much of your final mark was this assessment worth? If it's only worth 10-15%, then you haven't badly burned your UAI prospects. It's not the end of the world since you have another 3-4 assesment tasks to go, with the Trial usually being worth the most. Also, if you're doing more than 10 units, you have a buffer.

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i stuffed my assessment too lol, i got 21/29 which is about 68%, and is not good for my standards as i usually get around 75%-85% in mx1. I'm not ashamed though. It makes me work harder for next year. Much harder.

Stan..

HSC
If we consider that 3/10 Units is not that many then it comes to the logical conclusion that even if you stuff up 3 units you still have 7 to make good. Maybe that is a precursor to stop feeling sorry for yourself and start working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hey, BigBear ;)

Fortunately, there's plenty of room left for you to improve! Obviously you should try your very best at maths in the future (and in fact ~60% isn't too bad. I got that once or twice myself - just try to make sure that in the end you have some 80's and 90's mixed in with it), however it is important to note that in the end it is your actual final HSC exam which means everything. If you can maintain a half-decent ranking at school, then you can bust your balls for the final exam and you will essentially get an average. Consider this scenario:

You're ranked 6th. You get 90 in the HSC exam. The person ranked 5th gets 86. Then your internal mark is 86 and your external is 90. You get the average: 88.

Of course this is a rough approximation of the process, however it is remarkably similar to the actual mechanics of it. But it is worth bearing in mind that the marks you get now mean nothing much, rather it is the ranks.

05er

HSC
BigBear_25 said:
I just recieved my fist HSC Maths Ext1 assessment
and i got a really shit mark. Lyk 59%.
Can anyone answer this Question plz.
What do you think?

OF COURSE! IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE. YOU WILL FAIL EVERYTHING ELSE YOU ATTEMPT!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
BigBear_25 said:
I just recieved my fist HSC Maths Ext1 assessment
and i got a really shit mark. Lyk 59%.
Can anyone answer this Question plz.
Theres still plenty of time. My first assessment for 3 unit was 52%, and I managed to pull it up to high 80s by the end.

P

pLuvia

Hey don't worry, the assessments will accumulate and one little crappy mark won't do much. And you will improve in other assessments don't worry

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I just wasn't in form. Just like when you're not playing your best game of pool one day... anyway it's the first assessment and there's plenty more chances to get better marks and improve.

NightShadow

HSC
depends if you do ext 2 maths really..if you do..then it does matter...since your 3 unit is going to count for like 2 units of maths alongside ext 2.. but HEyy! dww.... in your next assessment just workk REALLY REALLLY HARD ~ to kill all the people thats ranked above you^^

Wackedupwacko

HSC
well u can break it down

final mark for subjec : 50% HSC 50% school assessments
school assessments approx 50% trial 4x assessments thus around 10-15% each (they fluctuate depending on how hard they wanna make it)
thus this test in essence is only 3/5 u still have another 95 marks and say u get full marks ull be nearing 95-98% for ur final hsc mark for that subject.... simple :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)