• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HAVE UR SAY- teen issues (1 Viewer)

shelsingh

HSC
hey dudes. im pretti much a newbie and suffering yr 12. i seriously need ur help guys- any1 and evry1! im doing dis design n tech project where im writing a book for teens about their problems/ issues etc. u noe, like the typical and weird stuff about body image, depression, drugs, suicide, family blah blah.
im asking for u guys to add to my book with you personal esxperiences, questions, opinions and stories related to teenagers. ur privacy will obviously be protected coz ur niknames will only be used. if you WANT to include personal stories in da book, please use fake names 4 urself and other involved peoples to protect ur privacy. if da book eva gets published (pray to god!!) il let u noe. probably wont.

let me xplain this a bit more. the whole thing fits into the dnt category coz i'll be doing all the graphic design (therefore technology) elements of the book. the reason this is techinically a 'design' and 'new' is becoz i personally haven't seen any books out there written by teen for teens? does that make sense? the books that are out there are written by psychologists etc, and even though they have the right advice, its hard to relate to what they're saying coz they're not teens anymore. u probably think what i could possibly know that they dont. right? well the thing is that i don't. the appeal of the book is that its sort of like a journey and sharing experience where i go out and research what teens want to know and need to know.

u guys do make a point abt people not wanting to share their personal stories etc to me. i have thought of that. but the whole idea is that im not forcing u to tell me anything...only if u want to. if u don't want to technically share a story etc, maybe u could post suggestions for da book- u know like questions, what you want to know...be discreet if u want to. i think the word i'm looking for is hypothetical...

thnx guys...i'll thank u all wen 2007 hsc finishes...:)

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm not sure how gathering people's stories and putting it together could possibly be assessed for a D&T project?

Could you perhaps explain it a bit more?

BlackDragon

HSC
er yes, where the technology part of you d&t project?
also though, even though people are "protected" by their nicknames, people probably won't want to tell you, and everyone else who is watching their personal problems and insecurities etc. and private family issues.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Teen issues? I think I can give you a few.

First issue I know people face is the fact that we get screwed over by adults when they refuse to let us be us. First they tell us to act our age, then tell us to grow up.

Another issue would be discrimination against the youth (eg P-plate curfew). This kind of thing is made even worse by the stereotypical hedonistic vandal the media likes to portray of us.

Another hot issue I know the teens love to gripe about is the amount of work we get. Okay, okay, we do have to live in the real world, I know. But, we get dumped with three times the workload our grandparents got at our age, don't believe me? Check out the increase in UAI and HSC marks over the generations.

But my own personal gripe with the world today is not directed at other groups, it's directed at teens. I have never met such a callous, evil group in my life. During my entire life, I have had to suffer from the shallow, vain and arrogant teens, and during the HSC year that, combined with other pressures, almost drove me to kill myself several times. I don't suppose my peers may actually grow up, get over themselves and be kind to people. Is our need to be the 'best' and top of the pyramid so great?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)