Having a hard time looking for tutoring centres. Help‼️ (1 Viewer)

burnt creativity

HSC
Hey guys
I am a year 11 student and I have decided I want to join a tutoring centre for Mathematics Extension I, Physics and maybe Chemistry. I am not sure what centre would be best though. I’ve contacted sigma science and they are all full this year, I also can’t afford Matrix or Talent 100. I’ve looked at Ngo and Sons and I was wondering if it is any good? It’s not really close to me but is the ~1 hour trip worth it? By the way I live close to Hurstville. I also have looked into pre uni and dux college but I am not sure if they are any good. Anyways I just need some advice on what to do and if there are any more tutoring centres with relatively cheap prices.

helloxdxd

HSC
I am not in year 11 but NGO is pretty good for maths. I think there is a whole class filled with ruse, baulko and north sydney ( like the top schools)people so it can get pretty competitive even though it's outside of school. In my point of view, how they put you in classes are based on which school you go to, and the advance class ( the schools mentioned above) gets taught harder stuff. There is a compulsory entrance test that determines your class. But all classes teach ahead of what they teach at school, the teachers are really nice and teach in a way that helps you remember stuff faster (does that even make sense). I mean I know someone who goes to NGO and he is in year 11 right now and apparently it helped him a lot so. I recommend Ngo.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
I am a year 11 student and I have decided I want to join a tutoring centre for Mathematics Extension I, Physics and maybe Chemistry. I am not sure what centre would be best though. I’ve contacted sigma science and they are all full this year, I also can’t afford Matrix or Talent 100. I’ve looked at Ngo and Sons and I was wondering if it is any good? It’s not really close to me but is the ~1 hour trip worth it? By the way I live close to Hurstville. I also have looked into pre uni and dux college but I am not sure if they are any good. Anyways I just need some advice on what to do and if there are any more tutoring centres with relatively cheap prices.
Shouldn't go to Matrix in the first place. Talent 100 (according to its reviews) is said to be similar to Matrix. NGO is really good for maths. Don't go to Kurt, Dr Du or Zhang's. For physics and chemistry you could go to ACE or Sigma (they good really good reviews).

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I would never go Dr Du. A good tutor is one who helps even the weakest students improve and accomplish their goal.
Dr Du just takes in the best of the best and publishes it as though his tutoring helped them. These students would do well in 4u no matter where they go.

Now I'm not saying his tutoring sucks, it could very well be amazing, but that's just what I think without having experienced his tutoring.

Asketa

HSC
Hey guys
Hi..

I can refer you excellent but still affordable one to one tutors for all your subjects who teaches through online medium instead travelling to your place or make your travel exclusively for year 11 and 12. My child is taking tuition and we are super happy with quality. Happy to help other kids and parents. Please connect with me on +61470162035.

helpfulperson?

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I know I'm a bit late, but if you need help, Kurt Mathematics is the best for maths. I personally go there, and it's very helpful. If you read the reviews, 'he is very strict' is implied in every comment. That is not true. I recommend getting a private tutor, preferably a university student with a high atar for English. Matrix is a very bad place to go for English, but other than that, it has a very good curriculum for other subjects. If you are planning on going to Matrix, I suggest going a year or two up.

KHT

HSC
Hi,

I know I'm a bit late, but if you need help, Kurt Mathematics is the best for maths. I personally go there, and it's very helpful. If you read the reviews, 'he is very strict' is implied in every comment. That is not true. I recommend getting a private tutor, preferably a university student with a high atar for English. Matrix is a very bad place to go for English, but other than that, it has a very good curriculum for other subjects. If you are planning on going to Matrix, I suggest going a year or two up.
Hi do you know any good physics tutoring place ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)