Having a job in year 11 and 12? (1 Viewer)

Jack123$

HSC
I was thinking I could still balance a job and sport with school in year 11 by only working on Sundays and maybe 1 weekday a week.
Or is the study such a big step up from year 10 that there’s not enough time to work?

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
not if u wanna do well i quit everything (and lost a lot of friends in the process :confused: ) but yeah set ur goals first which should only study, and at least a day of relaxation (sports and such generally exhaust u so wouldn't recommend

Jack123$

HSC
not if u wanna do well i quit everything (and lost a lot of friends in the process :confused: ) but yeah set ur goals first which should only study, and at least a day of relaxation (sports and such generally exhaust u so wouldn't recommend
Did you find that was bad for your mental health tho?

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
I was thinking I could still balance a job and sport with school in year 11 by only working on Sundays and maybe 1 weekday a week.
Or is the study such a big step up from year 10 that there’s not enough time to work?
I didn't work at all in those years tbh. It can get distracting.

wildwestworm

HSC
I got a job in year 11 and I'm in year 12 now. It hasn't been too bad but there definitely are times where I regret it (around Christmas time/any major holiday I get called into work nearly every day). Personally I would recommend you don't get a job right now and enjoy life before you have to work and pay taxes😅 but seriously you have your whole life to work, enjoy high school as much as you can tbh!

ajajdejalf

HSC
I have a job, and its not necessarily impacting my studies, plus it would look good on your resume. I say just work for one day in the week, only 3 hours if possible since an 8 hour shift would be exhausting. Also cutting out everything in year 11 would just lead to burn out so don't do that.

carrotsss

HSC
i had a job in y11/12 and did fine, if your work is flexible you can take time off around trials and the hsc and you’ll be fine. imo the reality is no one is actually studying every hour of the day (if you are you’re being inefficient), there is usually enough time to fit in work and sport etc without sacrificing study

wollongong warrior

HSC
brah I averaged 25 weekly work hours, had 6, 2 hour gym sessions per week and had enough time for leisure while studying the asian 5 subjects
Spread your study out, be efficient with how you learn (if you don't understand something, move on, look back on it the following day)
From what I've experienced, your head learns passively in the background so it's better to let it simmer on hard concepts/problems while you do other things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)