• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Haymarket Campus (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I was just wondering what the Haymarket Campus is like. I like that area of the city but it is a hassle because its separated from the tower building? Also what are the atmosphere and resources like?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's like a 5 min walk from tower..... closer than it is from one end of the USyd campus to the other! Markets seems pretty cool, they have a nice union centre/bar and it's right in the middle of chinatown!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Even though im not asian, i love Chinatown and that part of the city. :)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah its definately got a good bar- very modern, the building is on old fruit/market building i gather. All in all its an adequte building and its very close to Paddys Markets/Market City/Darling Harbour. Comes in handy when i go and see concerts at the entertainment centre :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
the Haymarket campus is not really a seperate campus as it is still part of the City campus overall. You will still have lectures for big subjects in some of the other buildings anyways, so you will be walking to the buildings around the tower. As other people have said, it is only 2 streets away from the tower building, so it is really a 5 minute walk, which is closer that some of the other buildings at other uni's, so don't think of it as walking "all that way" (even if you are technically walking to another suburb :p).

epsilon

HSC
To jasee and Beaky, what is the B. Computing like? Is it more in the technical side or the application side?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It is a bit of both. It is fairly technical just like any IT degree, however it tries to relate IT to the business world and helps you to solve business programs (ie. applying your IT skills). The BScIT does the same thing as well.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Ive known people that are doing the degree with no previous computer experience and they are coping... The IT in the course is slightly easier than a straight IT course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)