headaches. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i get headaches a lot, especially behind my eyes, and in the sides of my head. it hurts to move my eyes when i have them.

i used to attribute them to tiredness but i realised a while ago that it happens most commonly when on my computer/phone, which i then attributed to using the computer too often or something like that, but it's happening while i'm reading aswell now.

i don't sleep well so it could just be tiredness, but i was thinking it might have something to do with my eyes? i see perfectly, and i had an eye test about ten [i know, a long time] years ago and the optometrist said i almost had better than twenty-twenty vision [if that was possible.]

would i need to go to the doctor's to get a referral to an optometrist? i tried to suggest to mum that i needed an eye test and she just brushed it off. so yeah.

any suggestions?

thanks =]].

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
A simple explanation may be that you're dehydrated, but that doesn't seem to fit consistent headaches. I'd go to a doctor first, and they will preliminarily test your vision and refer you if needed.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i get dehydrated easily and drinking water used to make them go away but it doesn't work anymore.

i'll do that then, thanks =]].

boris

Banned
HSC
Go to an optometrist.

I almost quarantee that you will have something wrong with your eyes and need glasses.

Otherwise spend less time on the computer, it strains your eyes making them hurty etc

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Go straight to the doctor. Headaches can be caused by a gazillion things, so they'll know where to refer you if you need it - it could be your eyes, but it isn't necessarily.

I used to get the most horrible headaches right in my forehead just about every time I looked up or stood up, and they frequently appeared with apparently no stimulus at all. It was an absolute nightmare; I gave myself an ulcer with the amount of painkillers I ended up taking. Went to the doctor and after the obligatory "do you get nosebleeds?" :)/), he figured out it was back and neck problems causing them. Once I strengthened my back with exercise, they went away.

Not always what you might think first off...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
when i got my laptop, i started using it heaps, for uni work and for playing games and for watching movies on. I used to get headaches, but then they stopped, head got used to screen i guess.

And something to soothe ur head (for 'head'aches, not sure about 'behindtheeye'aches), put the palm of ur hand on ur forehead and ur other palm at the back of ur head and press hard, feels surprisingly good, even if u dont have a headache.

FINALFLASH-GO

HSC
i get headaches a lot, especially behind my eyes, and in the sides of my head. it hurts to move my eyes when i have them.

i used to attribute them to tiredness but i realised a while ago that it happens most commonly when on my computer/phone, which i then attributed to using the computer too often or something like that, but it's happening while i'm reading aswell now.

i don't sleep well so it could just be tiredness, but i was thinking it might have something to do with my eyes? i see perfectly, and i had an eye test about ten [i know, a long time] years ago and the optometrist said i almost had better than twenty-twenty vision [if that was possible.]

would i need to go to the doctor's to get a referral to an optometrist? i tried to suggest to mum that i needed an eye test and she just brushed it off. so yeah.

any suggestions?

thanks =]].

a good cocking always solves problems

kara42

HSC
Go to an optometrist.

I almost quarantee that you will have something wrong with your eyes and need glasses.

Otherwise spend less time on the computer, it strains your eyes making them hurty etc
This.

rozymisty

HSC
I get headaches aorund the eyes too. Some people say that it is your eyes being strained, others will say your sinus' are playing up. It all varies.

Just take an aspirin, or panadol, lie down in a quiet area and drink more water. If that doesnt help see your doctor.

If you have a headache and rash or throwing up, go to ER.

Ive been put on Inderal as apparently my dizziness is due to migranes without the actual headache. I do get the occasional one but since starting that medication I have certainly been gettnig headaches every day!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
thanks heaps guys. i'll go to the doctor's next week or something and ask him what he thinks.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Go straight to the doctor. Headaches can be caused by a gazillion things, so they'll know where to refer you if you need it - it could be your eyes, but it isn't necessarily.

I used to get the most horrible headaches right in my forehead just about every time I looked up or stood up, and they frequently appeared with apparently no stimulus at all. It was an absolute nightmare; I gave myself an ulcer with the amount of painkillers I ended up taking. Went to the doctor and after the obligatory "do you get nosebleeds?" :)/), he figured out it was back and neck problems causing them. Once I strengthened my back with exercise, they went away.

Not always what you might think first off...
yeah i thought of that but i'm quite physically fit - i do acrobatics and stuff so my core & back are quite strong, so i don't think it's anything muscular, but you never know. thanks.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I get headaches aorund the eyes too. Some people say that it is your eyes being strained, others will say your sinus' are playing up. It all varies.

Just take an aspirin, or panadol, lie down in a quiet area and drink more water. If that doesnt help see your doctor.

If you have a headache and rash or throwing up, go to ER.

Ive been put on Inderal as apparently my dizziness is due to migranes without the actual headache. I do get the occasional one but since starting that medication I have certainly been gettnig headaches every day!
i've only ever had one migraine and hell it was bad. i feel so much for people who suffer them all the time.

i get a bit nauseous and dizzy at times, but not every time i have a headache. i get a bit of inertia too when i get up after i lay down, but i think that's only when i'm quite tired.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i take a panadol or two, go to bed for a little while and when i wake up its gone, but yours is consistent shit...
you also get dizzy and nauseated, that's definitely GP material.

rozymisty

HSC
i've only ever had one migraine and hell it was bad. i feel so much for people who suffer them all the time.

i get a bit nauseous and dizzy at times, but not every time i have a headache. i get a bit of inertia too when i get up after i lay down, but i think that's only when i'm quite tired.
if your getting nausa and dizzy etc it sounds like a migraine, like what i get.

gigglinJess

Broken Inside
HSC
I think that you should go to the doctors, but you should probably also get your eyes checked again anyway if you haven't had them done for 10 years.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
you should book into an optometrist- talk to friends and family to find someone who is reliable. it's covered by medicare so you can easily have a test and then take the prescription to budget eyeware or somewhere similar if you can't afford expensive frames.

my eyes seem to have deteriorated reasonably rapidly, i try to get tested every six months but each year my script generally gets a little bit stronger because i do a hell of a lot of reading at uni. it seems pretty relevant if you havent been tested since 10 years old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)