• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HECs options (1 Viewer)

Darkenedjib

HSC
Hey, there was a fee help application during the enrollment process where they ask whether or not you wish to make an initial payment, and something about saving 20%. Can someone give me and estimation of how much that inital payment is? (a semester, year?)

Btw I'm doing b. computing at uws, $18k over 3 years.

Darkenedjib

HSC
Thanks guys that really clears it up... I have one more query... what do they mean by census date? (the pay by date)
Would that be the academic advising day, orientation?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
the census date is the 31st march 2007. its' the final day you can withdraw from a course without financial penalty.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
treelovinhippie said:
This explains it all: http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/Main/F...rPlaceAndHECS-HELP/PaymentOptionsHECSHELP.htm

If your financial situation is anything like most students, you won't be able to afford it. The discount doesn't make terribly much of a difference anyway I don't think (just pay it back when you're graduated with a nice salary).
The discount would make more of a difference if HECS-HELP loans had interest charged on them, because the less you owe the less the debt compounds. But as HECS-HELP is simply adjusted for inflation, you're going to be repaying the same amount in real terms regardless of when you do it, so there's no real advantage to doing it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)