hecs or domestic fee paying? (1 Viewer)

Calla

HSC
Hi, i recently had an interview for a design course at UTS and currently have the hecs version of the course as my first preference.

I am now thinking of including the domestic fee paying version of the course in my preferences as it has a lower uai and therefore want to increase my chances of getting in.

however, do you think that in the case of being totally eligible for the hecs version, UTS will still offer me only the domestic fee paying course in that paying 18 grand a year poses a larger incentive?

Calla

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
They offer whichever one is highest on your preferences if you have the UAI or equivalent to get in.
Yes but this time its not only about the UAI they consider...they consider my interview and my uni marks thus far. Therefore they can get away with denying me my first preference even though my UAI is high enough.

hellomike

HSC
I'll reply to this even though it's a bit old. If you haven't already, include the DFE because if you make DFE, you can apply to go back to CSP after a year of study.

Calla

HSC
I know i should apply for DFE, but what i'm thinking is that they would always rather choose you for DFE even though u may be totally competent for CSP, because they would rather have you pay? does that make sense or am i being anal about it

hellomike

HSC
I don't think there is a personal preference whether you choose CSP or DFE. If you are eligible for CSP and you get an offer, you get CSP because CSP places have to be filled first. These spots are allocated and then they look at DFE applicants. It's more of the fact that they give students the DFE option and if the student chooses it than they are happy.

It's more of a formality than your marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)