Hecs!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
well i was just reading the bklet....n it says dat the permanent residents of aus who were granted residency after 1996 hay 2 pay the hecs liability without ne discount.......so how much do u think is this hecs liability ??? btw i m doing a commerce degree at usyd......

help soon pls!!
thanx:)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
man i was just reading the booklet
and i dont get anything about hecs!

hahahahaha... crap...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
citizen

hahah yeah someone just explained it to me!
hahahah thanks anyway :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahha no no no, i didnt know what i was reading - i misreinterpreted the booklet and the upfront fees and everything.

i really dont know whats going on with the hecs thing ur having problems with... sorry :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by elizabethy
well i was just reading the bklet....n it says dat the permanent residents of aus who were granted residency after 1996 hay 2 pay the hecs liability without ne discount.......so how much do u think is this hecs liability ??? btw i m doing a commerce degree at usyd......

help soon pls!!
thanx:)
If u are not an Australian citizen and have been living in Aus for more than 3 years, u will NOT be able to defer HECS - u have to pay it upfront every semester

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
but i m living here for 2 yrs ....i m a permanent resident...
but the bklet says if u were granted residency after 1996 , u have 2 pay it upfront n something like dat...

i dun understand this hecs thing!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
From hecs.gov.au - Generally, if you are the holder of an Australian permanent visa, you will be eligible to defer your HECS and receive a discount for up front payments for your first three years in Australia as the holder of a permanent visa. Once those three years have passed, if you have not become an Australian citizen, you will no longer be eligible to defer your HECS and receive a discount for up front payments.

So..since u've been here 2 years, u can only defer for 1 year of HECS, and unless u become an Australian citizen this year, u will have to pay upfront with no discount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)