Heeelp (1 Viewer)

melzii

HSC
Ok, I have an assessment for family due quite soon.. Its an essay with a 1200 word limit.
Thats the problem, how can i possibly evaluate the effectiveness of the agencies of reform with at least 4 different issues with a 1200 word limit..
I've done 3 legal issues already and ive knocked out about 900 words so far..
Do you think it would still be possible to get a band 6 result with only 3 issues?
Kill me now :)

jessica.gilroy

HSC
well u still have another 300 words to play with, i'd suggest getting rid of things that you don't NEED in the 900 words u already have. I did the same thing recently for my eng ext 1 essay, it said 'more than one' related text and i hit the word limit and only had one...i only got 65% coz of that. (i found out afterwards that she doubled the word limit...grrrr) ...but yes, strongly recomended that you do exactly what it says. As long as you answer the question in its entirety then you should be fine, but if it specifies 4 issues, use 4 issues.
Hope that helps... :)

melzii

HSC
Thanks for your help!

I managed to do everything in 1300 words.. Oh well, I dont think I'll get shot for being 100 words over the limit. I just changed my font to size 9 to make it look a lot smaller, heres hoping the teacher who marks it doesn't catch on to what I did haha. :) Arrggh, stupid word limits!

I got 4 issues in there and it's pretty good quality.. So I'm pretty happy with how it went! & thanks for replying!

jessica.gilroy

HSC
i'm not sure if things are the same at your school, but most places allow you to go 10% over the word limit, so don't stress too much about it :)

Magicana

HSC
melzii said:
Ok, I have an assessment for family due quite soon.. Its an essay with a 1200 word limit.
Thats the problem, how can i possibly evaluate the effectiveness of the agencies of reform with at least 4 different issues with a 1200 word limit..
I've done 3 legal issues already and ive knocked out about 900 words so far..
Do you think it would still be possible to get a band 6 result with only 3 issues?
Kill me now :)
So you can do three in 900 words, but not 4 in 1200? Strange...

melzii

HSC
The assessment said strictly under 1200 words.. I did another legal issue and ended up going 55 words over the limit, still without a conclusion.

My question just specified if I could get a band 6 result with 3 legal issues instead of doing a half assed job with 4 issues just to stay under the word limit.

I ended up making my intro shorter and cutting a few things out to minimise the word count, but still had 1300 words..
It's done and over now, good riddance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)