• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help answer this section one question (1 Viewer)

sy37

HSC
http://i.imgur.com/qkARzgJ.jpg

Select one aspect of the visual text and explain how it is used to offer a perspective on discovery and how people interact with each other in the world. (2m)

My idea: The repetition of 'i hear' emphasises the negativity in life, therefore suggesting that people often focus on the negatives etc..something along the lines of that.

Flop21

HSC
I would talk about how the father has (I'm assuming) taken his child's iPod away to try and get him to experience other aspects of life. However when the child does, it brings the confronting discovery of the many larger issues that occur in this world. The visual texts shows us that experience can bring unexpected discoveries that are not always welcoming and can be confronting. The father believes that bringing new experiences into the child's life will beneficial, but it has come with the unexpected and confronting discovery of negative issues in the world.

The repetition of "I hear" emphasises the negative issues in the world and highlights the consequences of the father's actions (trying to bring his child new experiences has resulted in the discovery of more larger issues).

So I wouldn't just focus on the fact that people often focus on the negatives, but more so that the fact the child's discovery (the world has many large and negative issues) is unexpected and confronting and as a result of his new experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)